"Recipes" versus "Health" Topic your opinions....

Page 5 / 5
st_allie, Apr 25, 9:09am
good boy. . don't make me get out the wooden spoon.

charlieb2, Apr 25, 10:23am
There IS the possibility that that is exactly what fisherman WANTS you to do... .

mike.nz, Apr 25, 12:03pm
I think it's a brilliant idea, Toadfish - the whole tone of the Recipes section can sometimes be dominated by a spot of ideology.

I agree that we should stick to recipes, or perhaps comment on the nutritional value of the recipes under discussion, but not broaden the discussion to lifestyles and health beliefs.

btw this is Mrs Mike, sorry wrong login!

daleaway, Apr 25, 8:52pm
When I wrote "Go for it" yesterday, that was aimed at all readers , not just Fisher!

In other words, my future contributions will be along the lines s/he suggested in comment #65, and each to the appropriate forum (not that I have been inappropriate up till now), and I recommend we all do the same.

With one addition - if we want to know what shop to find some foodstuff in, this is still a good place to ask.

herika, Apr 25, 8:59pm
I second that :)

marielize1, Apr 25, 9:46pm
I agree that Health is a better heading. When I started reading both Kirinesha and Buzzy's very interesting threads, it took me a while to remember it as a subheading under recipes. These topics are too important to hide in recipes.
I have no interest in recipes and cook whats in the cupboard! I would never have found it on my own without a prompt.

marielize1, Apr 25, 9:49pm
I know without a doubt that food and health are very closely linked. But recipes are just a sub category of food. This is ALL TM fault for not giving us better headings!

fisher, Apr 25, 9:53pm
Probably why Trademe in their wisdom actually made categories. . :} so folks could post in the most appropriate... and others could easily find what was most relevant to their interests. .

bedazzledjewels, Mar 4, 12:56am
Some threads that are food related are long-running threads that started in Recipes before the Health & Beauty forum had been set up and this may be where the confusion began.

Remember that Trade Me controls these boards, not self-appointed watchdogs. All of us of course have the right to vote off threads and posts. Otherwise, there is still freedom to post, thankfully.