Our local Dairy, is a health hazard???

Page 1 / 2
pickles7, Jun 4, 12:42am
I was buying a bottle of milk in our local, they not speak the, English very well. WELL this little child started to play with the loose sweets in open containers, with his dirty hands. A 3 or 4 year old. Not acceptable!!!.The mother? did not even stop him, when I told her what he was doing...No loose sweets in the shops at all. Even the paper bagged sweets now, who is putting them in the bags??? May have to come down to that. It was an eye opener for me..

twosin, Jun 4, 1:53am
Makes ya think about NOT buying a $1 or $2 mixture again

sinet, Jun 4, 4:10am
Are they indians or asians?, just curios.

pickles7, Jun 4, 4:27am
Just told my son and he said gee that kid could have put a lolly he had been sucking back.

pickles7, Jun 5, 12:42am
I was buying a bottle of milk in our local, they not speak the, English very well. WELL this little child started to play with the loose sweets in open containers, with his dirty hands. A 3 or 4 year old. Not acceptable!.The mother! did not even stop him, when I told her what he was doing.No loose sweets in the shops at all. Even the paper bagged sweets now, who is putting them in the bags! May have to come down to that. It was an eye opener for me.

sinet, Jun 5, 4:10am
Are they indians or asians!, just curious.

dollmakernz, Jun 6, 4:54am
Sounds a bit like the kid in front of me at the counter in KFC a few years ago. He had snot running down his chin that he kept wiping his hand across. He played with the straw dispenser pulling out one after another as his mother and the KFC employee looked on. When it was time to go, the mother told the kid to put the fistful of straws back. Then she opened the top of the dispenser and the kid put em back! The girl serving, smiled and said good boy!
I asked her if she was kidding and she had no idea what i was talking about. When the message finally got into her thick head she took the dispenser off the counter. I bet it went straight back up after I left! It was so gross!

kinna54, Jun 6, 7:41am
Hmm. They must know some of the lingo to get the health license! Worth a call to the council? We have a dairy up the road from us which is just the opposite... old chinaman has a little pair of ice tongs, he fishes out the lollies so slowly, it is a painstaking task, reckon $2 worth would take him 10mins. I love the way he wipes his hands after he takes the money, and before he makes the ice creams.

kinna54, Jun 7, 7:41am
Hmm. They must know some of the lingo to get the health license! Worth a call to the council! We have a dairy up the road from us which is just the opposite. old chinaman has a little pair of ice tongs, he fishes out the lollies so slowly, it is a painstaking task, reckon $2 worth would take him 10mins. I love the way he wipes his hands after he takes the money, and before he makes the ice creams.

kuaka, Jun 7, 8:42am
I am reminded of a documentary I watched on TV years ago.It was about how the poor struggle to survive in India, and one widow with half a dozen kids (mostly quite young) was trekking up to the big house on the hill to do housework and the youngest of the children used to go to the local lolly factory, struggle home with a large box of boiled lollies, which they proceeded to tip out onto the dirty floor, and then with dirty hands, wrapped them in little squares of cellophane and twisted the ends!It really put me off boiled lollies.

talent.scout, Jun 7, 8:51am
LOL.... that was disgusting, but funny....

samboy, Jun 8, 6:56am
I saw a sushi bar with the sushi displayed in an open front counter, it was at child height and in front of me was a family with three young kids, one of them was handling the sushi and putting it back, then to top it off, one child suddenly sneezed RIGHT OVER the sushi.I left and went home and rang the local council Environment and Safety and they sent someone to have a look.They rang back about an hour later and said that they had issued the shop with a warning notice and not to display any more sushi in the cabinet until it had been covered in.

pickles7, Jun 8, 7:24am
grey sushi, lol.
I was in a coffee shop they other day and you could not help yourself at all. I wonder if the Health Dept. are going to stop, help your self cabinets.
Sort of why salad bars are disapearing....samboy....I had a football team in late one night, they took a spoon each and helped themselves from the salad bar,eating and re-dipping there spoons. It was real piggish. I had to throw out the salads, and have salad bowls made up, for the rest of that night. Sure makes you think of buying stuff that is open to the public like that. Sneeze guards only do that, they don't stop the fingers getting in.

kuaka, Jun 8, 7:36am
And on one of my visits back home to the UK a few years ago I was horrified to see that our local butcher had open cabinets of meat (presumably chilled from beneath) but with no front covers on, and there were blowflies sitting amongst the chops and the sliced ham, and to make matters worse, the shop is on a street corner, and it's open, being closed at night by two huge roller doors, so all the dust and fumes from the passing traffic goes straight into the shop - it can't miss, the cabinets are only a few feet inside the shop.I thought it was disgusting.Mum just shrugged.

pickles7, Jun 8, 7:48am
lol ....kauaka.... smoked meat. We are lucky here really. Our Health Dept. may at times come down hard on some operators. The problems with E Coli, right now, should help a few people, understand the value, our Health Dept is to us all.

kuaka, Jun 8, 8:27am
Too true pickles, and I also noticed that the old habits of the butcher cutting and wrapping the meat, writing the price on it and then the cashier dealing with the money, seemed to have gone too, and the butchers now handle the money.Gross!

kob, Jun 8, 7:05pm
you know to be working in the food industry, if done correctly there are suh srict prcedures, do you know if i followed corre guide lines while my gloves are on to make you a sandwich I cant even handle a pen or anything that is not fresh food, in true sandwich style to make 1 sandwich when you think you touch a knife, the s&P shaker, the toaster oven the sauce containers and if you want 3 thats 3 pair of gloves, so in all up a total of with a sandwicch that has S&P and 3 sauces im changeing my gloves 7 times, it stricks me as being a little riddiculous really, but i would rather insure that food standards are kept up, and correct temp of products are upheld, you would surprised with the amount of food shops that do not even takeor document food temperatures and they handle cream foods and fresh meat sandwiches, the mind boggles i tell you. SO be warry people you never can tell that clean shop interier may be a hidden nightmare unless they display that A in the food standard health authority document

pickles7, Jun 8, 8:28pm
We would not have worn one glove back in our day. Filled pies by hand, that is how it was. Mind you once you started, you did not go off on any other job. The bugs are getting smarter, sick people should not be aloud to mingle with the public. I came across a woman clutching her tummy on Monday, she was in excruciating pain. I was just thinking , hope she has not just returned from a holiday with,,,, E Coli. I did suggest she went straight home, no one else wants her bugs!! I was told I was a bit harsh. SORRY. I know kids get sent home smartly, these days if they so much as sniff almost.. Hard on solo parents, having to take yet another day off work.

pickles7, Jun 8, 8:35pm
kob ....I reported a shop for filling up the pie warmer the night before and having a timer on to turn the warmer on at 5 am. I saw it through the window. Summer time, the heat generated in shops from the fridge motors is way high. Our shop felt like the inside of an oven in the morning. I had visited and asked them to consider another way, prior to getting the health Dept involved.

kuaka, Jun 8, 8:54pm
And I recall as a kid, one of the girls in my class was the daughter of one of the local bakers.We used to go to the bakery after school and would be given a bag of cakes which hadn't sold, cream doughnuts, etc.I was horrified, as were my parents, when we read in the local paper that the bakery had been closed by the health department because they were storing the cream alongside the toilet.

pericles, Jun 8, 9:03pm
pickles, did you see the rating for that diary?
A dairy that I used to use, morning paper only, had a D rating, the floor was covered in crap, it was gross

pickles7, Jun 9, 7:24am
grey sushi, lol.
I was in a coffee shop they other day and you could not help yourself at all. I wonder if the Health Dept. are going to stop, help your self cabinets.
Sort of why salad bars are disapearing.samboy.I had a football team in late one night, they took a spoon each and helped themselves from the salad bar,eating and re-dipping there spoons. It was real piggish. I had to throw out the salads, and have salad bowls made up, for the rest of that night. Sure makes you think of buying stuff that is open to the public like that. Sneeze guards only do that, they don't stop the fingers getting in.

kuaka, Jun 9, 7:36am
And on one of my visits back home to the UK a few years ago I was horrified to see that our local butcher had open cabinets of meat (presumably chilled from beneath) but with no front covers on, and there were blowflies sitting amongst the chops and the sliced ham, and to make matters worse, the shop is on a street corner, and it's open, being closed at night by two huge roller doors, so all the dust and fumes from the passing traffic goes straight into the shop - it can't miss, the cabinets are only a few feet inside the shop.I thought it was disgusting.Mum just shrugged.

pickles7, Jun 9, 7:48am
lol .kuaka. smoked meat. We are lucky here really. Our Health Dept. may at times come down hard on some operators. The problems with E Coli, right now, should help a few people, understand the value, our Health Dept is to us all.

kob, Jun 9, 7:05pm
you know to be working in the food industry, if done correctly there are such strict prcedures, do you know if i followed correct guide lines while my gloves are on to make you a sandwich I cant even handle a pen or anything that is not fresh food, in true sandwich style to make 1 sandwich when you think you touch a knife, the s&P shaker, the toaster oven the sauce containers and if you want 3 thats 3 pairs of gloves, soall up a total of a sandwich that has S&P and 3 sauces im changeing my gloves 7 times, it stricks me as being a little riddiculous really, but i would rather insure that food standards are kept up, and correct temp of products are upheld, you would surprised with the amount of food shops that do not even takeor document food temperatures and they handle cream foods and fresh meat sandwiches, the mind boggles i tell you. SO be warry people you never can tell that clean shop interier may be a hidden nightmare unless they display that A in the food standard health authority document, it always amazes me at palces like KFC when the same person that serves you rushes around the unseen corner and produces your burger, now did she/he wear gloves, and if not how many dirty notes had she /he touched before hand, had she/he touched her hair, picked her/his nose or even worse pulled her/his knickers out of her/his bum cause they were annoying her/him, this has been complained about enough but who ever follows it up, there are websites for each franchise that if you are not happy it only takes an instant to voice your opinion, if you dont nothing changes, believe me people do and there is a 48 hour response time. And also being the owner or the manager of a busness ensures that while your on duty things are upheld but while your not there, anything goes so if eyes are everywhere we can ensure that everything is how it should be. And we know the stores we like to visit are always safe