Turbo Flavawave Cooker recipes please

lindylambchops1, Jan 10, 2:12am
bumping for another poster

colliers, Jul 13, 10:54pm
Just got one of these round glass affairs as I am in a retirement village where I dont need to cook but who wants to give up a habit of a lifetime!Anyway, have tried various other small appliances and this seems to be the more versatile of them.So - if you have one could you please share some good tips and recipies......thanks a lot.....

lordross, Jul 14, 2:41am
In having used these cookers for some years now, I have found out that they do not match up to some of their advertised claims. I recently bought a Flavour wave that uses halogen heating.I have found it impossible to cook food properly per the times claimed. I have foundthat they cannot cook a whole chicken properly. There is always uncooked areas in the meatier parts of the bird. To overcome this I do successfully cook thinner portions of the birdThey are excellent for cooking the super market frozen chips in about 15 mins at 200 degrees.I do have recipes in my head from trial and error At the moment I am a bit pressed for time, but maybe can give you more detail in the near future

lordross, Jul 14, 4:57am
The cookers are a great concept. Portable, space economy, may possibly use less power and easily cleaned.I set a stainless dish in the bottom of the glass bowl to catch the fat etc. I restrict meat / chicken thickness to about 1inch. Coat the top side of the item ( under the heater) with your choice of herbs, condiments eg soya sauce, honey, garlic ginger paste and season sparingly with salt & pepper Time and temp. is something that you will have to learn from using I start most things at 15 mins at 200 degreesFish fillets wrapped in tin foil with some herbs,lemon juice and seasoned cook in about 10 mins. My never fail cook up is using the Maggi Cook In A Bag chicken drum sticks. Just follow the directions and cook to the Maggi directions and Bob's your uncle!

jody23, Jul 14, 6:04am
i recently bought a flavorwave halogen oven, so far i have cooked a roast chicken, size 16 cooked for an hour and it was perfect,. i have also done oven fries whcih came out well and hash browns also. And last night i cooked a lamb rack which took 20 mins and was delicious.I bought a recipe book from bookdepository but havent really looked at it yet.From what I have read on the net about them though is just to cook what you would usually eat and it is a matter of trial and error really to get the timing right.
oh and i found this online recipe book
http://www.idealworld.tv/common/downloads/Halogen_Oven_Recipe_Book.pdf

colliers, Jul 14, 11:10am
Thanks so much for you info guys......my main concern is that it does say in the instructions that you should allow the timer to reach the end and not to turn the timer off manually. So - something is burning...I guess you just pull the plug out of the wall??I will go to supermarket in the morning and have fun getting the ingredients.One more thing - can you use the brown glass arcaroc quiche dishes safely? Instructions say not to use thin glass but I never thought of these as that?

lordross, Jul 14, 9:07pm
To Jody, Hey, your cookbook recommendation is going to be great. It's the first really detailed instructions that I have read on these cookers. I bought the first lot of cookers that did not have halogen heating and although I was very impressed with the concept it never really matched up to my expectations. The halogen one I have now is an improvement. I still cannot get to understand the claim of ultra violet rays as I cannot see anything other than the halogen filaments in the power head. Do you know anything about these "rays" ?

colliers, Jul 14, 10:54pm
Just got one of these round glass affairs as I am in a retirement village where I dont need to cook but who wants to give up a habit of a lifetime!Anyway, have tried various other small appliances and this seems to be the more versatile of them.So - if you have one could you please share some good tips and recipies.thanks a lot.

lordross, Jul 15, 4:57am
The cookers are a great concept. Portable, space economy, may possibly use less power and easily cleaned.I set a stainless dish in the bottom of the glass bowl to catch the fat etc. I restrict meat / chicken thickness to about 1inch. Coat the top side of the item ( under the heater) with your choice of herbs, condiments eg soya sauce, honey, garlic ginger paste and season sparingly with salt & pepper Time and temp. is something that you will have to learn from using I start most things at 15 mins at 200 degreesFish fillets wrapped in tin foil with some herbs,lemon juice and seasoned cook in about 10 mins. My never fail cook up is using the Maggi Cook In A Bag chicken drum sticks. Just follow the directions and cook to the Maggi directions and Bob's your uncle!

colliers, Jul 15, 11:10am
Thanks so much for you info guys.my main concern is that it does say in the instructions that you should allow the timer to reach the end and not to turn the timer off manually. So - something is burning.I guess you just pull the plug out of the wall!I will go to supermarket in the morning and have fun getting the ingredients.One more thing - can you use the brown glass arcaroc quiche dishes safely! Instructions say not to use thin glass but I never thought of these as that!

lordross, Jul 15, 9:07pm
To Jody, Hey, your cookbook recommendation is going to be great. It's the first really detailed instructions that I have read on these cookers. I bought the first lot of cookers that did not have halogen heating and although I was very impressed with the concept it never really matched up to my expectations. The halogen one I have now is an improvement. I still cannot get to understand the claim of ultra violet rays as I cannot see anything other than the halogen filaments in the power head. Do you know anything about these "rays" !