Vege preparation

Page 2 / 2
rainrain1, Oct 18, 2:15am
Get a food processor, I'm sure you will grow to love it!

uli, Oct 18, 2:24am
Sounds that a lot of anxiety is mixed in the vegies here.
Why not learn how to handle a knife safely!
That would give your overall self confidence a big boost too!
Good luck!

esawers, Oct 18, 2:34am
Yeah I think I need some sharper knifes too :)

buzzy110, Oct 18, 2:42am
Seriously! No. If you cannot handle a grater with any degree of skill I'd seriously stay away from a mandolin. Those things are so much sharper and so much more dangerous. Instead of just grating knuckles you could end up with your fingers sliced to the bone. DON'T GET ONE.

buzzy110, Oct 18, 2:50am
The dreaded meat purveyor is the perfect place to get your knife sharpened. Mine was brilliant before he sold the shop. My knives were capable of slicing my fingers off but they are the safest to use simply because they are sharp. They also make cutting easy. But I stress, you need at least two good quality knives - a big heavy one that will slice through a pumpkin, for all the big jobs, and a handy paring knife for all of the smaller jobs. Those cheap knives with bendy blades from the Warehouse just do not cut the mustard or anything else for that matter and turn a simple chopping job into a mission.

esawers, Oct 18, 2:57am
Yeah I think some good sharp knives, and maybe a better grater. Will see how the new kitchen goes before thinking about the food processor again.
I have just bought some of the small victorinox knives which are supposed to be good.