Cheapest fruit/vege place in West Auckland?

ab_forward1, Feb 10, 12:43am
Am feeding 5 adults and 2 kids, so go through heaps every week. Tried planting my own veges, but definitely don't have green fingers!!!

frogmanor, Feb 10, 1:19am
Hi, not out west, but there is a large fruit & veg place in the sunnynook shopping area, [off sunset road ,down sycamore drive] just if your ever out that way could be worth a try, prices are very good and great quailty,... I"ve found I dont usually get those two things together at some places :)

valentino, Feb 10, 2:29am
A Little bit closer to Home is the Asian Supermarket, Dominion Road near Target Furniture - Newton Road end of Dominion Road.

Very popular for fruits and veges.

Is worth the trip at least once to check out.

davidt4, Feb 10, 2:58am
Definitely worth a trip.I think it's called "Daha" (used to be called "Silver Bell").

antmannz, Feb 10, 5:11am
Drive to Hobsonville Road at the end of the nor western motorway - then you can take your pick from about 4 or 5 vege stores :)SH16 heading up towards Kumeu has a couple of good ones too

ab_forward1, Feb 10, 5:23am
thanks heaps, will try them out

darlingmole, Feb 10, 5:41am
Definately Hobsonville ... lots of places to choose from, you can also get a tray of 20 eggs (SO nice!) fromvege shops down there.Then againKumeu Produce is also a great place to shop (just slightly more expensive) and their overly ripe produce you can buy so cheap = like boxes of tomatoes or plums etc ... shops around out there because it's well worth the trip

m41, Feb 10, 7:36am
i go to the fruit world in henderson i find are quality and price good

nunesy, Feb 11, 12:19am
The shop on the main road toward Henderson from Lincoln Rd (it might be the fruit world m41 mentioned) is cheaper than most in the area if you don't want to go to Kumeu... it's cheaper than Sokols (on Sturges Rd) but sometimes not as good quality.Usually fine though.

bigjules1, Feb 11, 1:02am
Passion Produce on Hobsonville Road is good.It is on the left heading towards Greenhithe just past the old Bell roses place.

lythande1, Feb 11, 3:24am
The one on Swanson Rd near Sturges Rd. Or the ones up Whenuapai, drive along and compare prices. It changes, the last one going out up Whenuapai has the cheapest plums at the moment. For instance.

crails, Feb 13, 6:59am
Avondale Fleamarket on Sunday, the price and quality is excellent.It's that good I come across most weekends from Otahuhu

lx4000, Feb 13, 7:30am
Agreed!

lx4000, Feb 13, 7:32am
Some times!!
We are there too every week getting all the rubbish food for the animals. Great recycling food instead of seeing it in landfill!!