Sharing the yummiest and easiest vege soup recipe

sophia4, May 30, 1:14am
I just made and ate the yummiest vegetable soup - from a Delia Smith recipe and thought I'd share it.
Recipe calls for 450g each of chopped carrot and leek, 1. 5 Litre of stock, an onion, 1 clove of garlic and some butter.
I melted 40g butter and gently fried half a red onion and 3 cloves of garlic, then added 300g each of carrot and leek and let that sweat with the lid on for 20 mins or so.
Next was 2 vege oxo cubes in 2 cups of boiling water, pour in and stir. Added 3 bay leaves and a small sprig of rosemary. Let it gently bubble till the carrot is soft.
Next is the bit I never used to do but now I swear by it! Take out the bay and rosemary stick and put the soup through the blender. It comes out thick and as if it had cream in - presumably the butter helps this. Season as you like and add a little grated cheese when serving.
Very basic but very tasty. There are no limits to what else you could do with the recipe, but if you keep the water/stock to vege ratio similar it will always be yummy!

luckyduck, May 30, 1:23am
Yum, thanks for sharing this. I will give it ago tomorrow.

sophia4, May 30, 4:25am
yay!
I could never be bothered with the blender before and always used to use the masher but the mixture would seperate. Blender is much more luxurious!

kclu, Jun 19, 11:48am
Thank you sophia4. I have been looking for an easy, cheap and tasty vegetable soup for some time.