Mushrooms storage

yddac, Oct 17, 6:40am
Which is the best way to store mushrooms that are in a brown paper bag! In the fridge or in a cupboard!

dolphin19, Oct 17, 6:41am
I put mine in the fridge.

245sam, Oct 17, 7:12am
yddac, our refrigerator has a humidity drawer and that is where I keep our mushrooms.For preference, especially if keeping the mushrooms for any significant length of time, I like to keep the mushrooms in a paper bag with the top folded over and then that paper bag inside an open plastic bag - the paper bag stops the mushrooms from sweating and becoming soggy while the plastic bag prevents the mushrooms from drying out.:-))

nauru, Oct 17, 8:19am
I made a cotton bag to keep my mushrooms in, way better than a brown paper bag.This way they keep for quite a while in my vege drawer in the fridge.

brisgirl, Oct 17, 8:23am
in the brown paper bag on the bench, hubby works with fruit and vege and cracks up if I chill them, apparently not the way it is done.He doesn't realise vege drawer for a reason and they keep longer in there.

josh180, Oct 17, 9:17am
I keep mine in a Tupperware fridge smart container and they last 10-14 days! Amazing if you like to
Order let me Know. Google them
If you haven't seen them before.

pommyjohn1, Oct 17, 7:44pm
I recommend the Keep Fresh sachets that you buy in the vegie section of the supermarket.Pop one in your fridge storage bin and your vegies stay fresh for much longer .We rarely throw away stuff now so the sachets pay for themselves.

yddac, Oct 17, 11:40pm
Thanks so much for all your great posts they were very helpful.

smiggles15, Oct 18, 1:02am
I love my fridge smarts! Great for all veges!

nauru, Oct 18, 5:54am
I love mine too. A Tupperware rep told me that cheese keeps well in them too.I gave it a try in my med one and the cheese keeps fresh for ages in them without having to wrap it. I haven't had to throw any out since using the fridgesmart, I find this great as cheese is not cheap these days.

tinabops, Oct 18, 6:36am
Totally agree. The fridge smarts are great.I buy heaps of mushrooms when they are on special, cook one meal and keep the rest in fridge smarts.will last for 10-14 days.

millseys, Oct 18, 8:32am
Fridgesmarts here too, although mushrooms are very popular in this house so they don't hang around long