Mushrooms.

joyfuljoybell, Apr 11, 12:57am
I have bag of mushrooms that need using. Has anyone got ideas of how I could use them as a main meal/

fifie, Apr 11, 1:12am
Beef stroganoff in slow cooker with plenty of sliced mushrooms in a creamy sauce, served on bed of noodles.

petal1955, Apr 11, 1:32am
Chop up the mushrooms and cook gently in a pan with a little oil and plenty of garlic butter. add chopped bacon and herbs(parsley, thyme, rosemary) then add a little splash of cream. pull off the heat and add a good dollop of sour cream. Serve on toast with pepper and salt

joyfuljoybell, Apr 11, 2:56am
Thank you. They both sound really nice. Will try them both. Again Thank You

arielbooks, Apr 11, 4:04am
They freeze well raw

joyfuljoybell, Apr 11, 4:16am
Thank you arielbooks

nauru, Apr 11, 8:02am
Mushroom pate is good too. I have a recipe if you are interested.

ritebuy, Apr 11, 8:30am
fill the mushrooms with pesto top with cheese and bake till cooked delish

ruby19, Apr 11, 8:07pm
Naru would love to see the mushroom pate recipe, if you have time to post :-)

fey, Apr 12, 3:45am
Magic mushrooms recipe - works best with portabello mushrooms.
slice mushrooms.
Add tspn of oil to the pan and heat. Put in mushrooms and cook. (you might need to add another tspn of oil if it dries too quickly).
Stop cooking when they are nicely browned but before the moisture starts to come out.
Mix one tbspn of cornflour with two tablespoons of soy sauce. Add to mushrooms and stir quickly over heat.
Remove from heat. Add tspn of butter.
Serve.

You can't taste the soy sauce but it adds something to the mushrooms. They are more mushroomy.

yjeva, Apr 12, 3:53am
1 tbsp cornflour to 2 tbsp soy sauce? That doesn't sound right. Do you perhaps mean 1 tsp cornflour? Or is there meant to be some other liquid?

muffin2, Apr 12, 4:22am
Mushroom stroganoff

dice an onion and fry in oil fry 2-3 mins, add about 500g of chopped mushooms and 1 T tomato paste, 1 T dijon Mustard and 1 T paprika
stir to coat until mushrooms are cooked then add about 200g cream fraiche and stir through.

serve on your favourite pasta

uli, Apr 12, 4:27am
a chef at a 5-star restaurant makes these deep fried morsels . hard to believe - but there you go!

http://www.food.com/recipe/beer-batter-fried-mushrooms-98019

nauru, Apr 12, 7:12am
Naru would love to see the mushroom pate recipe, if you have time to post :-)Quote ruby19

Mushroom Pate
1 onion finely chopped
150-200g mushrooms chopped (portabello/flats are best but buttons will do)
1-2 cloves garlic crushed, more if you like garlic
1 teasp beef stock powder or stock cube
½ cup water
½ teasp each dried Thyme and tarragon
¼ teasp ground nutmeg
1 spring onion chopped
¼-½ cup finely chopped walnuts (I use ½ cup as we like walnuts)
S&P to taste
1 tablsp chopped parsley
1 tablsp Butter for frying
In frypan melt butter, cook onion & garlic until softened, add mushrooms, spring onion, stock powder water, dried herbs & spice, stir. Cook until mushrooms are soft and most of the stock has gone, just enough to keep it moist, season with S&P to taste. Put into processor and process until smooth. Add walnuts and parsley and stir to combine. Put into pots and keep in fridge. It also freezes well, just needs a stir upon thawing.
I usually use beef stock instead of stock powder & water. Also good with ½ cup minced beef added to mix and cook as above.

ruby19, Oct 5, 8:44am
thank you Nauru will give it a whirl!