Anyone got any recipes for mushrooms

griffin55, Jul 17, 10:10pm
as have a lot to use up.

tinyted, Jul 17, 11:22pm
My favourite sauce in a minute is using sliced up mushrooms cooked in butter with spring onions and then making up a packet of Maggi cracked pepper sauce with hot water then adding to mushrooms. Use more mushrooms and 2 packets for more people and thining with more water. It is delicious and no one can tell its not 'homemade'. Great with steaks, meatloaf, chicken, roast meats etc and for the finishing touch add cut up parsley for that finishing touch... . . bon appetit!

griffin55, Jul 17, 11:47pm
Thanks for that.

fifie, Jul 18, 1:25am
http://trademecooks.net.nz/viewtopic. php? f=23&t=530website is still there, think it goes today though a few ideas for you to choose from. .

darlingmole, Jul 18, 3:07am
depending on whether they are big or small?

Big - stuffed mushrooms baked with cream cheese, bacon, spring onions OR garlic, fresh bread crumbs and cheese - squeeze of lemon.

Small - mushroom soup, sauce, added to chili, raw in a salad with spring onions, sour creams etc

naki45, Jul 18, 3:18am
With Steak just fried up with onions or my favourite... . mushrooms lightly sauteed with onion and crushed garlic( or just on their own ), add quarter of a cup of chopped fresh parsely, then add a bottle of cream, season with black pepper, and if wanted a little bit of chicken stock. Simmer until it thickens down. Sooo yummy over steak or chicken breast/pieces, and is also the sauce I make for chicken , bacon and mushroom fettucine... If I dont have cream I improvise withtinned reduced cream... . yummm now I am HUNGRY lol

naki45, Jul 18, 3:19am
Also a lot of the cook in the pot dishes like beef stroganoff have mushrooms in them.

ruby19, Jul 18, 3:27am
This is really... . . Good
Mushroombourguignon

2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 pounds portobello mushrooms, in 1/4-inch slices (save the stems for another use) (you can use cremini instead, as well)
1/2 carrot, finely diced
1 small yellow onion, finely diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 cup full-bodied red wine
2 cups vegetable broth
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves (1/2 teaspoon dried)
1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup pearl onions, peeled
Egg noodles, for serving
Sour cream and chopped chives or parsley, for garnish (optional)

Heat the one tablespoon of the olive oil and one tablespoon of butter in a medium Dutch oven or heavy sauce pan over high heat. Sear the mushrooms until they begin to darken, but not yet release any liquid — about three or four minutes. Remove them from pan.

Lower the flame to medium and add the second tablespoon of olive oil. Toss the carrots, onions, thyme, a few good pinches of salt and a several grinds of black pepper into the pan and cook for 10, stirring occasionally, until the onions are lightly browned. Add the garlic and cook for just one more minute.

Add the wine to the pot, scraping any stuck bits off the bottom, then turn the heat all the way up and reduce it by half. Stir in the tomato paste and the broth. Add back the mushrooms with any juices that have collected and once the liquid has boiled, reduce the temperature so it simmers for 20 minutes, or until mushrooms are very tender. Add the pearl onions and simmer for five minutes more.

Combine remaining butter and the flour with a fork until combined; stir it into the stew. Lower the heat and simmer for 10 more minutes. If the sauce is too thin, boil it down to reduce to the right consistency. Season to taste.

To serve, spoon the stew over a bowl of egg noodles, dollop with sour cream (optional) and sprinkle with chives or parsley.

naki45, Jul 18, 3:29am
Oh yum Ruby that sounds delicious.

ferita, Jul 18, 3:34am
Oven roasted mushrooms are nice.

Just put them on a tray and roast at 180 for an hour or so until they are all dried up but a little moist inside. They are like little bursts of flavour. The flavour concentrates and they taste so nice. Great for adding to savoury dishes or eating on their own.

Another way to cook them is to fry them up in garlic butter. Add white wine and cream and reduce the cream, season to taste and serve on toast or even mix through some pasta.

beaker59, Jul 18, 3:46am
I just throw a few mushrooms in with my roast Veg for the last 10 - 15 min of cooking, very nice

ferita, Jul 18, 3:50am
I do too
I throw them in at the start though

lythande1, Jul 18, 4:52am
Mushroom ravioli. Mushrooms in sauce with a wee bit of crumbled bacon in toast cases. Stirfrys. You know if you are going to cook with them, you can freeze them - yes they do go a bit mushy after thawing but so what? Soup, sauces etc -it won't matter then.

darlingmole, Jul 19, 3:41am
bumping because I need to write down some of these awesome recipes before I can't find this thread again!

2halls, Nov 10, 1:11am
Mushroom and Lentil Soup (super easy and tasty). In a large pot heat some olive oil, pan fry an onion, add 1kg of chopped mushrooms, sprinkle of chilli flakes (optional), 1 tsp of dried thyme and couple of cloves of chopped garlic. Stir well for a few mins, then put the lid on and allow to sweat for 5 mins. Add a large handful of brown or Puy lentils (up to one cup's worth), some salt and black pepper, and enough hot water to cover everything by 5 cm. Allow to simmer for about 40 mins, or until lentils very soft. Blitz with a stick blender (I don't make it all smooth as I like some texture), add 1 T of Worcester sauce, the juice of one lemon, check the seasoning and serve. This is really tasty, and you can put a blob of natural yoghurt on the top to serve if you like :-)