i love mushrooms, my family dont

anna787, Apr 8, 10:43pm
Hi everyone just wondering if anyone else has this problem and anyrecipes or ideas for quick mushroom recipes for me or quick non mushroom recipes for them because i have gone without mushrooms for too long aviding cooking different meals.

stevee6, Apr 8, 10:48pm
Mushroom omelette - easy peasy and you really get the mushroom taste. If you make individual omelettes, you can fill them with whatever each person likes - the same with pancakes.

anna787, Apr 8, 11:01pm
Unfortunately my partner doesnt like eggs either lol could he be more difficult? but i'm gonna make that for me anyway good idea

lil_miss_haley, Apr 8, 11:18pm
I grew up not eating much mushrooms because half of my family hates them. When me and mum cooked some up we just fried them in a bit of butter and sometimes with bacon. . yum!

dbab, Apr 8, 11:52pm
You could make up a pan of mushroom sauce and then freeze it in containers. You could then heat it again to have with steak, chicken, fish or anything else you like. The rest of your household don't have to have any.

paulasillars, Apr 9, 8:09am
slice thinly and fry in a pan with a little oil, when nearly cook, add a blob of pesto and serve on crusty bread - delish!

skippie1, Apr 9, 9:09am
Just cook your meals with mushrooms, if they don't like it, they can pick them out. My daughter didn't eat mushrooms for years and I always told her, we do like them you just have to pick them out and eventually she ate them, now likes them. Sometimes the meals were cooked, 1 week with and 1 week without mushrooms, that way everybody stays happy. Good Luck

1buzemum, Apr 9, 9:13am
I have someone who doesn't like mushrooms another doesn't like tomatoes another doesn't like raisins, cabbage, mayonaise

and they all have to put up with it! ! I have a rule I will only cook something you don't like once a week "suck it up and eat it lol"

glendeb, Apr 9, 9:50am
My favourite recipe is into a pot put chopped mushrooms, chopped bacon, milk to about half way up the mushrooms and simmer until mushroom are cooked. Thicken with a little cornflour mixed with a small amount of extra milk. Serve with steak or eggs or just on its own. Really, really tasty!

glendeb, Apr 9, 9:51am
Or another one is button mushrooms (chopped if too large), cleaned and then tossed with wholegrain mustard.

Really refreshing and tasty.

barloo, Apr 9, 8:27pm
Have a 10 year old here and swears black and blue he will never eat mushrooms. Hahahahahaha

He LOVES mushroom Rice Risotto! !

I add frozen corn at the end and bobs ya uncle:)

barloo, Apr 9, 8:28pm
chop them up finely and add them to mince and stews! ! They will Never know! !

nanberrie, Apr 9, 8:50pm
I love mushrooms too, and make this up for a quick and easy meal.

Chop mushrooms - any amount
1 tsp butter
salt and pepper
any fresh herbs you have
little pinch of mushroom stock or powder

cook in pot gently, add sour cream or cream or cottage cheese (whatever you have in fridge) reduce down to thick sauce and leave to cool.
Defrost 1 sheet flakey puff pastry, cut across corner to corner, place portion of mushroom mix on 1 side of the triangle and fold over to make smaller triangle parcel, wet edges and press together with fork, cut holes to steam and bake 15 mins, serve with greeen salad.

Can make smaller triangles for starters cut pastry into a x

Enjoy ! !

anna787, Apr 10, 2:06am
Thank-you everyone! not sure where to start they all sound great

jubellsrose, Apr 10, 6:40am
have a feed of mushrooms for yourself at 4pm.

crsdbl, Apr 10, 6:46am
i would put a frying pan on just before dinners ready, fry up mushrooms in a little garlic and butter and put on my plate with whatever else i am having.
but hubby and i both love them so we generally just let the kids know that there are mushrooms in it, if they dont like it the're welcome to pick it out.

buzzy110, Jan 17, 12:56pm
Oh yes. I take whole baby button mushrooms, cut the stalk so that it is flush with the mushrooms and then fry in a small pot in butter and salt till they have browned on both sides. They are wonderful.

Do the same with the small flat mushrooms too.