Okay so Canola oil is not a goodie to use so what

Page 2 / 2
uli, Oct 18, 12:09am
Interesting - why would that be motorbo!
Which variety of coconut oil did you use!
And what was the exact reason to say "not any good for frying"! Give us some details.

homeschoolmum, Oct 18, 1:28am
So is rice bran oil bad for you also! Are all oils bad to shallow fry in! I thought them "good "for the heart not bad! And that lard etc is bad for the heart.Is this another lie like GMO is "safe"!

kay141, Oct 18, 1:41am
All depends on who you believe. Some say yes, some say no. Personally I use rice bran or canola for shallow frying. Usually with a knob of butter added.

uli, Oct 18, 2:27am
Both of which will overheat if you want to really fry and not just sautee and you have some great cancer causing stuff right there.

If I remember rightly you are vegetarian, so you would sautee veges rather than fry a steak at high heat.

For high heat frying use virgin organic coconut oil, lard (pork fat) or dripping (beef fat).

kay141, Oct 18, 2:34am
What gave you the idea, I was vegetarian! The only think I fry on a regular basis is fish. And thanks for your suggestion but the idea of any of those fats with fish is not to my taste. Steak is dry cooked in a hot pan.

buzzy110, Oct 18, 2:38am
For fish you just cannot go past ghee or butter.

uli, Oct 18, 2:40am
Your earlier posts gave me the idea that you are vegan or vegetarian as you seem not have any interest in good food.

If you cannot even think that fish fried in coconut oil is absolutely fantastic then yeah I can see why you would even consider cooking a steak "dry" in a hot pan.

I am sorry for the animal that died for that.

kay141, Oct 18, 2:50am
Each to their own. I find the taste and smell of coconut revolting. My steak is flash cooked and still quite red in the middle. I think if you took a bit more notice instead of looking for things to criticise. you would find my diet is quite similar to yours but I don't have the need to lecture others on what they do or do not eat. My diet and food suits me and has done for some considerable time.

buzzy110, Oct 18, 2:54am
RFLMAO. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

mwood, Oct 18, 4:40am
triple whammy LOL

karenz, Oct 19, 12:16am
Do you prowl these threads looking for opportunities to say something nasty! Glad I don't know you in person.

village.green, Oct 19, 2:12am
I use coconut oil for lots of things, but it is not to everyone's taste, in fact my family are not particularly in awe of it so when I cook their fish I use butter and olive oil and pan fry for about 2 mins each side which works well.
People can do their own research and decide what suits them and their budget.

sarahb5, Oct 22, 11:13pm
What about oil for baking then!I don't want my favourite cake to taste of any of the stronger flavoured oils and have always used canola or sunflower.

davidt4, Oct 22, 11:20pm
If you are making a cake use butter - along with the eggs it will be the healthiest part.

sarahb5, Oct 22, 11:22pm
The oil is what makes this particular cake last longer and stay moist - I've tried melted butter in it before when I rang out of oil and it just isn't the same .

vmax2, Oct 22, 11:37pm
You could try coconut oil.

uli, Oct 23, 5:05am
I think there is an aversion to the taste if I remember that thread above rightly .

vmax2, Oct 23, 9:23pm
I have occasionally done baking with coconut oil.A mixture of butter and coconut oil would work well.I think it is stronger when you fry with it than when you bake with it.

sarahb5, Oct 23, 9:32pm
The recipe is already a mix of butter and oil - about half and half.I bought sunflower oil - from the info I could find online it seems slightly better than canola.

angel404, Oct 24, 3:46am
I use coconut oil in my choc mud cakes and no one can tell its there.I even use half butter/coconut oil to make the icing (which obviously) tastes of coconut but is super delish and creamy.