Pacific Island food recipes?

pohutukawa_, Sep 23, 5:01am
Anyone out there care to share any of there pacific island food recipes with me!

sunflower18, Sep 27, 6:46am
KFC

tullyann, Sep 29, 8:15am
Fush an Chups bro!lol,, : with diet coke plese

huggy5, Sep 30, 2:54am
Marinated raw fish!I do mine with lime and lemon juice, coconut cream, red onion and some tomato so not very traditional.
If anyone has a recipe for palusami that would be my all time favourite pacific island food. mmmmm.

lythande1, Sep 30, 6:41pm
A lot here:
http://www.food.com/cookbook/awaldes-pacific-islands-recipes-406547

Ignore the rude and ignorant comments above, I see more white skins filling their trolleys with coke and ready make crap than brown ones.

linette1, Oct 5, 1:38am
Corned Beef & Taro
2 Cans of Palms corned beef
Watties tomato sauce
Hot chilli sauce
Black pepper
Three tomatoes
One taro (take your pick between white and pink - we went for pink!)
One can of coconut cream
Two onions
Salt
Dark soy sauce
Alfalfa sprouts
Spring onions.
Steps
1: Cut the skin off the skin off the taro
2: Add a pinch of salt then boil the taro for about 20 minutes or until it starts to go soft.
3: Fry up an onion then add the corned beef
4: Drain the taro
5: Shake the coconut cream, add a few shakes of salt ( trade secret!), stir then add to the taro along with half a sliced onion then leave to simmer.
6: Add the chopped tomatoes to the corned beef along with a few squirts of tomato sauce, and a few dollops of the Hot Chilli sauce.
7: Add pepper to season and alfalfa sprouts to garnish, and enjoy!

linette1, Oct 5, 1:41am
x2
Cook Island salad MAYONNAISE
This pink-coloured potato salad is a popular dish at all Cook
Islands gatherings.
Ingredients:
-potatoes
-mixed vegetables (boiled)
-beetroot
-Best Food Mayonnaise
-eggs (boiled)
-salt (optional)
(Note: the beetroot gives the dish its colour) Directions:
boil the potatoes (cooked but not soft) once cooled to handling temperature, cut the potatoes into small cubes and place in a bowl add and mix in the vegetables - amount to your liking.Rinse the slices of beetroot to get rid of the coloured juice and cut into small cubes, add to the mixture of potatoes and vegetables.Mix in the mayonnaise making sure that the potato mixture is covered
For decoration:spoon the mixture onto a place or dish,smooth out the top of the mixture using a knife. using a grater, grate the eggs to cover the mixture.

linette1, Oct 5, 1:42am
x3
COOK ISLAND Potato saladits basically in the mayo. If the salad is made properly, it is done with home made mayo. (or best foods mayo if you are not that good achef. . You need three egg yolks. beat for around 3 mins in a glass or ceramic bowl, (not plastic - it somehow curdles otherwise).till thickened. add a cup of canola oil. only just adding the oil 2 tablespoons at a time. add the juice of one lemon, and a teaspoon of salt. Keep a little bit of the mayo aside, then mix the rest in with your cooled cooked, diced potatoes, about a cup of mixed veges, a drained tin of chopped beetroot, and two heaped tablespoons of chow chow or pickle. Arrange onto a bed of lettuce leaves. Thinly spread the remainder of the dressing over the salad, and decorate with two crumbled up, boiled eggs.

linette1, Oct 5, 1:46am
I must confess I have never tried these recipes just came across them saved in my recipes folder.
CURRIED OCTOPUS IN COCONUT SAUCE
Ingredients:
- 1 whole fresh octopus
- coconut cream
- onion
- curry powder
- salt & pepper Directions: clean octopus removing ink sac and head
Pace whole octopus in a pot over medium heat, (the water from the octopus will provide liquid for cooking, wash hands after handling as some people get a rash from the octopus)
simmer until tender
Dispose of the cooking water and cut the tentacles into bite size pieces
In a saucepan heat the coconut cream with the seasonings and onions and add the octopus pieces to re-heat through
Serve warm.

le_rasta, Oct 5, 10:52am
x2
Samoan Chopsuey
sautay heaps of Garlic, add casserole beef cut up in small pieces and add salt, soy sauce and a bit of water, cover and cook until meat is soft and tender.Meanwhile soak vermicillie rice noodles until soft and rinse them a few times.when meat and sauce is ready, add the noodles just long enough to heat through.NB can add cooked mixed veg or shredded cabbage if you want. serve with rice.