Where to buy cocnut oil

darren-j1, Aug 20, 9:05am
id like to use it for cooking and health and beauty thanks

strebor1, Aug 20, 9:05am
Chemists used to stock it, don't know if they still do.

angel404, Aug 20, 9:07am
www.zenian.co.nz
Binn Inn also sells coconut oil. Make sure it is virgin cold pressed. Preferably organic.

pepelepew, Aug 20, 9:07am
Otara flea market. There is a stall there that sells Rawleighs ointment as well.

janny3, Aug 20, 5:15pm
Health shops, https://secure.zeald.com/huckleberry/results.html!q=coconut+oil online, instore or otherwise https://www.healthpost.co.nz/Food_&_Household/Food_&_Beverages/Coconut_Oil.htm

Some Indian shops also sell coconut oil for cooking and the other varieties.

You can also get that Tahitian stuff with real vanilla beans or tiare flowers in the bottle, online.

kelly188, Aug 20, 5:20pm
google it theres a cpl websites that sell bulk

patxyz, Aug 20, 6:24pm
New World has it.Dont know how the price compares to other places though.

village.green, Aug 20, 9:04pm
I buy it in bulk (4Litres at a time) and recently need to get some. My local wholefood store had it for $81, sold out and got a different brand in for $112. I ended up buying this because a) there was nowhere else on line that I could get it at that price and b) that much will last me 2 years for cooking, and using for other things.
I keep a small pot in bathroom, very good for athletes foot. The dog gets a couple of Tbs a week and also good in homemade skincare.
You can buy small jars of it in health food shops. Some supermarkets also sell it but make sure you get VCO (virgin coconut oil) with minimum processing.
Amazing stuff - but not everyone's cup of tea.

sarahb5, Aug 20, 9:16pm
I was in the local organic shop last week and they had a coconut oil cooking spray - not sure what else is in it to make it sprayable but sounded like an easier way for me to use it

kiwitrish, Aug 20, 9:49pm
It's on sale on TM.

icequeen2, Aug 20, 9:59pm
Countdown sells jars in the organic section.

village.green, Aug 20, 10:08pm
Thanks I've had a look. Can't see anyone selling in bulk! or maybe I didn't go far enough. Don't use TM much for buying stuff, but obviously people do alot, doesn't appeal to me somehow.

vmax2, Aug 20, 11:30pm
Zenian sells it in bulk.I buy it by the 20L bucket.

village.green, Aug 21, 12:21am
Wow that is a good price vmax2!

dibble35, Aug 21, 6:51am
Yep countdown and new world around $7- $8 for small jar of Ceres virgin organic. As someone above said if you want it for your hair.( I use it on mine). Get it from indian shop. Heaps cheaper

angel404, Aug 21, 6:54am
Make sure its not deodorized.

jenner4, Aug 21, 7:25am
I buy it on Trademe

peterbk, Aug 24, 1:55am
Why make sure it is not deodorised!

angel404, Aug 24, 4:03am
If you are eating coconut oil for its health benefits then lots of these are lost during the process of deodorizing it.

cat_sandcastle, Aug 24, 4:30am
I buy the John Appleton VCO, two 500ml jars $40 freight free, tastes devine!

darren-j1, Aug 24, 6:08am
thank you everybody! the eating oil is the same as hair oil! im just learning. keen to use it for all its benefits.

angel404, Aug 24, 7:14am
If you can eat it - you can put it in your hair :)