Authentic homemade curry powder

zuggle, Jul 31, 9:01am
I copied down this recipe from an Indian doctor on the Dr Oz Show and have made it three times to "test drive" it. It is mild and heavenly (and that comes from a person who likes her curries very "Asian hot"). I would tend to use this one for lunch dishes like curried rice salad, curried fish, curried eggs and sausages etc. Do try it!

"Dr. Kulreet Chaudhary’s family recipe for a powerful disease-fighting curry powder mix:

Ingredients:

5 tsp coriander seeds

1 tsp fenugreek seeds 

1 large bay leaf

1/2 tsp cumin seeds

1/2 tsp black mustard seeds

1 small (1.5 inch) piece of a cinnamon stick
5 cloves

2 tsp turmeric powder (reserve for later)

Directions:
Grind all of the above ingredients, except for the turmeric powder, in a coffee grinder. Afterward, add 2 tsp of the turmeric powder. Mix all ingredients together."
Enjoy!

lythande1, Aug 1, 2:16am
Disease fighting, LOL.

Curry is an individual thing, all mixes have different ingredients depending on the exact recipe you are making.

nauru, Aug 1, 3:00am
This mix is very similar to the one I use.It was give to me by an Indian friend, she uses the same mix for all her curries.

zuggle, Aug 3, 7:39am
Dr Oz was explaining that India has the lowest stats for Alzheimers and recent studies suggest that daily tumeric use has a lot to do with this - I can buy that, and with a recent bad experience with an anti-inflammatory drug (for a knee problem), I'd prefer to use natural resources when I can.