AUThENTIC DIY Indian Recipe & Spice packets r here

purplegoanna, Sep 30, 5:12am
go towww.spiceneasy.co.nz or buy them from your local supermarket, theyve got heaps of different dishes, you get the, authentic recipes AND the proper spices in the amounts you need all in one packet, tonite we're having Lamb Roganjosh..its smells DEVINE, just like what you buy at a real indian restaurant...

cookessentials, Oct 1, 1:07am
Most interestingPG. I usually use either the Pataks or Asian Gourmet as they have no added MSG. Always handy to have as a stnadyby.

purplegoanna, Oct 1, 2:26am
last nights one was nice except hubby wants it cooked with a tin of tomatos!! next time and id add a cube of oxo as the meat was a let down, but thats nz meat for ya.....

magenta, Oct 1, 3:17am
In Countdown they have these packets containing individual spices which are in little plastic bags and when you peel the cardboard around the packets it contains the recipe. I do not know the name, but I have tried two and they were wonderful. I could smell the spices before the packet was even open and the flavour was fantastic. On the back is what else you need for the recipe.I think it was about $3.80 a packet which sounds a lot, but if you buy the individual spices it isnt. I do curry only about once a week and spices go stale very quickly.

lynan, Oct 1, 3:20am
If you have a Moshims store nearby...have a look there as they carry a huge range of Indian products.
I have a corner dairy close by that is amazing...frozen grated fresh coconut, about 15 types of frozen Indian breads, pay $1 for a large bunch of coriander, $1.50 bag of chillies, they have fresh curry leaves, okra, a huge range of spices, and rows and rows of imported Indian foods in cans and jars. I love going there! Also have heaps of packet curry mixes, so do Moshims.

purplegoanna, Oct 1, 4:03am
thats them.....

magenta, Oct 1, 8:11am
I give them the thumbs up then!

natalie9, Apr 30, 12:01pm
mmm will have to look out for them