Roast veges on a BBQ

gojojo2, Mar 11, 8:11am
We have a wee caravan that only way of cooking is on the BBQ.any suggestions on roasting veges! I have an awesome way to roast a chook (yup, on the beer can - simply divine) but need some guidance with the veges

..james.., Mar 11, 8:50am
In my experience ,bbqs can only roast things if the food is in a cast iron camp oven or wrapped somehow. Is this what you are doing with chicken!
is it one of the bbqs that have a cover! or just heat coming from below a grill and plate!

purplegoanna, Mar 11, 8:54am
i do 'mini roast' vege on our bbq, i cut everything into inch size chunks and the only thin i pre cook is the spuds, then i fry them on the bbq and when theyre half down i add the pumpkin, sliced courgettes, quarterd onions, garlic cloves, and kumara chunks, about 2 mins from the finish i add a good sprinkling of rosemary, thyme and oregano leaves.

joybells2, Mar 11, 7:10pm
You can do, just prepare vegetables, pour some oil in a bowl just enough to coat veges, season and put on hot plate only on low.Turn frequently.I do them straight from raw.If you dont have a hot plate, could put in a baking dish,cover with foil and put on BBQ.