Veges cooked in lasange mix recipe wanted ........

diachris, May 17, 11:58am
Years ago a old friend used to make a delicious vege dish cooked in oven. I think it was cooked in maybe a Maggi Lasange mix (pack of dry powder). Does anyone know what this was?
Or any other good tasty vege recipes would be appreciated.

elliehen, May 13, 6:12pm
VEGETABLE LASAGNE

I've made different variations over time and have recently been making an easy adaptation of one I saw Richard Till make last year on his Kiwi Kitchen TV programme. You can play with quantities for the size of your household. You don't need any flavour packets.

Basically, it's this:
Take fresh pasta sheets - or dried INSTANT Lasagne sheets which do not have to be pre-cooked but will need a bit more liquid to rehydrate while cooking.

* Cook lightly salted till softened in 1 Tblsp oil APPROX 4 cups of vegetables: 1-2 onions, 2 cloves garlic, 1 grated carrot, chopped spinach/silverbeet, 2 chopped zucchini, 4 mushrooms, 1 red & 1 green pepper

* When cool, add & combine 1 cup cottage cheese and whisk in one egg.

* Put 1-2 Tblsp oil in bottom of pan and a generous layer of tomato pasta sauce (from a jar is fine... Dolmio's good. . about 1/4 jar) on the bottom of a baking tray (rectangle, square, doesn't matter).

* Place single layer of pasta sheets on top, cutting to fit if necessary

* Spread half vegetable mix on top of that, then another layer of pasta sheets

* Add other half of veg mix

* Last layer of pasta sheets

* Pour rest of tomato pasta sauce over top

Now, here's the departure. I don't bother with the white sauce on top(Bechamel sauce). I just sprinkle the top with about 50gms of grated Edam cheese mixed with two slices crumbled Vogel's bread.

That's sauce/sheets/veg/sheets/veg/sh-
-
eets/sauce/cheese-crumbs

Only if you've used fresh pasta, stab the top right through with a sharp knife (stops the pasta rising in waves and burning). If you use instant pasta sheets, add 1/3 jar water to the sauce.

Bake about 45 mins to 1 hour at 180*C and stand 15 mins before serving to let it set.

This is not as fussy to prepare as one with white sauce, but you can put a layer of that on top for a more gourmet version.