Left over roast veges into fritters?

katewest, Nov 16, 1:36am
I am wanting to use up my left over potato,kumara and pumpkin (also have peas and corn) and make them into fritters. my plan is to fry up onion, garlic and bacon, dice up the roast vege. but I need to know how many eggs, if I need milk and how much flour to get a good fritter consistency. I was told to use 4 eggs and 3/4 C flour only, but I had tried them and they were stodgy! Any other suggestions! TIA

kara101, Nov 16, 1:41am
I would only just add one egg to help bind then make them into patties and lightly flour or crumb them on the outside. .Fry in hot oil.

valentino, Nov 16, 1:46am
I use to make oversized Fritters-omelettes like by mixing say about 6 to 8 eggs depending on size, two tsp baking powder in 1 1/2 cups flour plus a pinch of salt all beaten together initially then adding sufficient milk to make into a thick slightly runny batter. Through trial and error and over a period of time, one will get the gist on the measurements to suit various sizes or portions.
Add all the food leftovers, plus anything else is then mixed in.

Into a frypan a dob of butter melted to cover the surface then partially fill frypan with some batter like an oversize pancake-fritter, wait for some signs of cooking under before flipping over to continue cooking on the other side. Cook until it is cooked through.

Now, this is the naughty bit, I like to smear a wee bit of butter on the surface of the fritter thing all over then a drizzle of tomato sauce or any other sauces or chutney - pickle etc and then it is demolished.

uli, Nov 16, 3:50am
I would use the left overs to make a salad rather than fritters.

tjman, Nov 16, 4:35am
Sounds like a version of english bubble and squeek.should just mould together.Put lots of butter in the pan. bad but really tastey.

valentino, Nov 16, 4:37am
Noted - "Used to Make", LOL, now hardly any is left over.

If the odd time, rather a straight up quick fry in the pan thing, done, gone, less hassle. LOL.

uli, Nov 16, 7:30am
BAD!
Why!

chchgurl, Nov 17, 3:49am
We just use a normal fritter recipe that you would use to make corn fritters (the edmonds one)They are soo yum!

herself, Nov 17, 4:11am
.me too, in fact I have been known to add extra veg. to the roasting pan just to make sure there are left overs for a roast veg. salad.delicious!

elliehen, Nov 17, 4:24am
I save mine for a frittata :)

macandrosie, Nov 29, 6:23am
Forget the flour, the eggs will bind the veges together. Also add a cup of grated cheese.

pigletnz25, Nov 30, 1:28am
yummo now I want fritters, am going to make them for the kids this weekend and of course I'll have to sample them first. lol