It's May, when will my Tree Tomatoes ripen?

darlingmole, May 8, 2:58am
Most frustrating.After having the tree in 3 & 1/2 years I'm still yet to have any fruit - mostly due to my littlies destroying then tree but THIS year we have 1/2 a dozen and they still don't look ripe!Any ideas!

olwen, May 8, 3:44am
I think it's more like June/July

summersunnz, May 8, 11:31am
Mine are starting to ripen here. Give them a feed with a liquid fertiliser fortnightly, and keep them watered and they'll ripen well and taste great.

darlingmole, May 8, 8:24pm
thanks for the replies:-)

wheelz, May 8, 11:29pm
lucky you, mine has only new flower buds as yet, too young to bear yet.

olwen, May 9, 12:16am
Mine got badly frosted last year and looed dead, but finally sprouted about February, but no crop this year.

1olly1, May 9, 2:44am
My husband has been wondering the same thing, last year his tree lost every leaf due to being hit by frost it looked dead, he was about rip it out and chuck it when Master 4 said "dont daddy I've been praying for it to survive" Bless him. You know what it did survive and it has fruit on it this year. Hubby thinks it might get to cold before they gets a chance to ripen.

books4nz, May 9, 3:18am
When they get frosted, wait till Spring, trim back to the closest bud beneath the frosted part, and it'll come away again with new growth.

campmum, May 9, 4:20am
The best time to pick is when the yellow ring appears around the stalk on fruit. A friend has a tamarillo orchard.

olwen, May 9, 4:54am
A guy down the road from us has almost a frost cloth tent on his and it looks good.