Cooking cornbeef in slow cooker for 1st time

ford36, Apr 28, 1:25am
Im a new owner to a slow cooker and want to know how to cook a cornbeef in it,,,what can i had and how much water etc:)

wasgonna, Apr 28, 1:29am
Don't you have the manual for the slow cooker as cornbeef is usually one of the recipes supplied in it!

ford36, Apr 28, 1:43am
No it doesnt or how to cook a chicken its just got soup recipes

lilly105, Apr 28, 1:49am
It is a bit late to put one on now. I usually just place meat in and fill with water and a little bit of brown sugar until meat is nearly covered, when meat has been cooking for 3-4 hours I turn the meat over.
I star mine around 10am and serve around 6pm.

lilly105, Apr 28, 1:49am
It is a bit late to put one on now. I usually just place meat in and fill with water and a little bit of brown sugar until meat is nearly covered, when meat has been cooking for 3-4 hours I turn it over.
I start mine around 10am and serve around 6pm.

lilly105, Apr 28, 1:50am
Maggi do lots of slowcooker recipe bases, well worth stocking up.

teddy147, Apr 28, 1:52am
i do my cornbeeflike this i always wash it first and put into crockpot,i add water to caver it, add 2-3 bayleafs,6 peppercorns and a tbsp of dark honey or golden syrup, leave on high for 1 hr then turn down to low.

just4us, Apr 28, 2:13am
I never add any water to my meat when cooking it in the crockpot, ie. whole chickens, corned beef, mutton or beef pieces, unless I am cooking a stew or casserole.Most of the time our meat goes in frozen first thing in the morning

angel404, Apr 28, 7:08am
I cooked corned beef today in my slow cooker! I put it on at 5.30am on low and put water up to the top with some golden syrup, vinegar and black pepper.

megsnz1, Apr 29, 3:16am
Also think about putting the peel of a lemon in with it - gives gives a lovely mild lemon flavour.Won't do mine anyother way now

groomingtools, Apr 30, 11:53pm
Just pour over a (cheapest) bottle of Ginger Ale and nothing else

cookessentials, May 1, 12:04am
Boil your jug, add your corned beef to the slow cooker, pour over enough water to just cover the meat. Add six whole cloves, two bay leaves 1/4 cup malt vinegar and 1 tbsp soft brown sugar. Set to high. Ideally, you should have had this on at about 9am. I set mine to high to cook for about six hours, then down to low until serving time. I serve with creamy mashed potato, sauteed cabbage 9 in a small amount of water and butter) and steamed carrots. You can make either a mustrad sauce or an onion sauce to serve with the meat.

sclaredy_cat, May 1, 12:22am
Same - we will probably get jumped on for cooking from frozen but I've done it for years. it's the only way I ever roast pork now too :)

nzrose7, May 1, 1:58am
I put two quartered onions, 4 carrots cut in same size pieces as the onion, teaspoon peppercorns, the beef, cover with hot water, or mix hot and cold, slow cooker on high for about 6 hours - meat just so tender and succulent.

family007, May 7, 2:15am
Why o why do people cover the meat with water! You only need a little bit covering the bottom of the pot!. I cook from frozen with a little water, golden syrup and freshly ground balck pepper. You will find a 1.2 kg piece will cook in 5 hours on low.

foth, May 7, 7:09am
yes you donot need to add any water as it makes its own otherwise you will pour all the flavour down the sink. Just add some brown sugar and a little vinegar and some cloves and leave it to cook.

petaldreads, May 12, 4:36am
Im curious about not needing to add water to the slow cooker.so really just the meat, flavouring and veg! How does it not go all dry!

biggles45, May 12, 7:00am
+1. Just enough water to cover the bottom.

bubbles61, May 12, 7:10am
+ 1 . its the most delicious way of cooking it

molly37, May 12, 7:56am
My hairdresser was telling me she only puts in a crockpot lid of water in hers when cooking corned beef. Adds all the other goodies and swears its perfect.
I'm so going to try it next time. Previously I have found mine too salty in the crock.

petaldreads, May 12, 8:35am
Is there a difference between corned beef and silverside!

lynja, May 12, 8:46am
i put the corned beef in with half an onion, 1 tablespoon golden syrup, some pepper corns, couple of tbsp vinegar and put about a cup of water. I cook on low for about8 hours. it is delicious.