o no im cooking already and

Page 3 / 4
hezwez, Apr 10, 7:05am
(has a quick check) Nope, still a girl!

cookessentials, Apr 10, 7:06am
sorry buzzy, but not getting into your game that you seem to want to play with uli. Sorry to disappoint. Have a fab evening.

st_allie, Apr 10, 7:08am
good grief ladies. . this is a recipe forum. .

let it go.

natalie9, Apr 10, 7:11am
Yep sorry, just had to stick my nose in this one.

hestia, Apr 10, 7:12am
Concerning butterfat and thickening: custard is basically cream and egg yolks and sugar. It thickens up with gentle heating.

st_allie, Apr 10, 7:16am
Offtopic for butter chicken. .

also someone mentioned going to italy earlier. . I recommend you google "lucca' on the web. . I stayed there in a (surprisingly) large apartment for two weeks a few years back. . it's a roman walled city withina reasonable trainride to florence and rental car to the beach. just an amazing place. You can take the supertrain from paris to there. It may be of interest to you.

cookessentials, Apr 10, 7:21am
#1 - The thickening method is called a "cream reduction" Make sure that your heavy cream is a least 35 to 40% fat. Otherwise, it won't thicken much.

buzzy110, Apr 10, 7:22am
Yes. Egg yolks provide the thickening agent in this case.

cookessentials, Apr 10, 7:23am
st_allie, thanks for that, I shall have a look now. We are hoping to get to Lajatico - home of Andrea Bocelli to see his "Theatre Of Silence" He does a concert there every year in July, but I understand that the one this year may be the last one, I hope not as I would love to hear him sing in his home town.

natalie9, Apr 10, 7:23am
Well said cookessentials. Although I think as you know you didn't need to explain. As in this link
http://lowcarbdiets. about.com/od/cooking/a/locarbthickener. h
tm
Cream - Cream will thicken as it reduces, so if you add cream to a sauce and boil it, the sauce will thicken more than reducing without the cream.

buzzy110, Apr 10, 7:25am
Actually butter can be used to thicken a sauce. It is called Hollandaise, but even that requires egg yolks and a very gentle heat. It can't be reheated again with much success though because the butter melts out.

toadfish, Apr 10, 7:28am
Number one rule of the "Pink & Fluffies"

Don't stoop to their level, as they will beat you with experience.

Signed Toadie

"Proud to be Pink & Fluffy"

natalie9, Apr 10, 7:29am
Years and years more...

buzzy110, Apr 10, 7:30am
Well, whaddya know. You learn something new every day. See. All you had to do was show me how this worked. I didn't know butter chicken was boiled for long enough for cream to thicken but it is doable.

See. I was just being curious. I'm sorry if cooks took offence, even if it was unwarranted. To bad I had to endure all the emnity to get an honest answer.

toadfish, Apr 10, 7:31am
Hi Natalie... My number one rule in life... .

Make that my "Pink & Fluffy" rule number Two

You get out of life what you put into it... . .

Mmmmmm makes you wonder how people are getting on... .

st_allie, Apr 10, 7:34am
You're welcome,

Lucca has cobbled streets too btw. . it's a relatively affluent area. . and in the evening, walking to the shops you can peek in the windows of homes as you walk. . People over there really do have the michaelangelo painted ceilings . . I was absolutely floored when I saw those ceilings.

natalie9, Apr 10, 7:34am
Glad you learned something buzzy, I thought you knew everything.

natalie9, Apr 10, 7:35am
Exactly!

uli, Apr 10, 7:38am
And I am glad that all learned to day that it was a hollandaise - what is thickening your butter chicken ... One never stops learning. Now where was that egg in the recipe?

natalie9, Apr 10, 7:39am
Ask buzzy

st_allie, Apr 10, 7:40am
I'm sorry to see that your initial post has degenerated so badlysince wednesday. .

How did your butter chicken turn out?

buzzy110, Apr 10, 7:43am
Of course not. I don't share the hubris of the fluffies. I really love to learn new things all the time. My coffee table is stuffed with books, full of information that I am reading and I am learning heaps and heaps. My library knows me by name.

Do you read for education natalie9 or just scoff at those who do?

toadfish, Apr 10, 7:46am
Hubris Meaning: overbearing pride or presumption

No sorry Buzzy, can't give you that one... . thats not a Pink & Fluffy Trait... .

But who does that word remind me of... ...

natalie9, Apr 10, 7:54am
Well maybe stop being so bloody patronising and you might not get the responses you do. But I know you love it and I do find you amusing so you shall continue to entertain...

buzzy110, Apr 10, 7:57am
hubris - also means arrogance. Just so you know. I am all for education, for myself and others.