o no im cooking already and

Page 2 / 4
janeo4, Apr 10, 5:24am
can someone please give me a recipe for making garlic sauce, the one i want has worcester sauce in it my mother inlaw used to make it many years ago but i never got the recipe from her many thanks

janeo4, Apr 10, 5:28am
does any one have a recipe for bottled feijoa sauce have stacks in the freezer all scooped out as a friend was going to teach me hoe to make feijoa wine but never found the time many thanks jANE

buzzy110, Apr 10, 6:07am
I'm sure the broomstick brigade will be very happy to stay away so that the very very helpful pink fluffy brigade can answer all your queries in full.

I think that the broomstick brigade are coming to the conclusion that they have just about had enough. We just wouldn't want to fill your heads up with useless information like that posted in post #4. Heaven forbid that you actually learn anything of possible value.

buzzy110, Apr 10, 6:21am
Despite all the spite being bandied around in this thread (you will notice it has only come from the fluffy pink brigade by the way) cooksessential, you haven't really answered the question have you.

The question was, "since when is butterfat going to thicken a sauce? ". I'd be very interested to know the answer to that as my knowledge on this fact is somewhat fuzzy, in fact, almost non-existent, I'd say.

natalie9, Apr 10, 6:32am
Always quick to rush to Uli's aid...

buzzy110, Apr 10, 6:35am
No. I just want to know the answer. If I could thicken sauces using butterfat I'd go for it in a flash. I just don't know the secret method that's all. Do you have a problem with my asking?

natalie9, Apr 10, 6:36am
I think what she is getting at is that cream is richer and thicker than milk, without getting into the science behind it! ! !

buzzy110, Apr 10, 6:37am
And I have been reading this thread waiting for the answer by the way.

hezwez, Apr 10, 6:37am
Just checked in!

buzzy110, Apr 10, 6:40am
Do you have a problem with being told thatground almonds were the traditional thickening agents? And I'm not really asking for the science, I just want to know how butterfat thickens sauces that's all.

Sure, cream is richer than milk but doesn't really thicken sauces to the best of my knowledge, just makes them richer. In fact, I sometimes use cream to dilute sauces but never the other way round.

uli, Apr 10, 6:43am
I have given up on any answers here - it seems people just spout some nonsense - how on earth is anything like cream going to "thicken" a sauce.

Ah well - why do I bother ... go and "thicken" with all the cream in the world ...

... without getting into any "science "behind" ...

Happy thickening. :)

buzzy110, Apr 10, 6:45am
In the past when I have made butter chicken I have used a homemade, spicy onion, tomato, and other ingredients, sauteed and blended, sauce concoction that I have slowly reduced till it is a thick paste, then blended it. The cream, in this case is used to dilute and enrich the sauce, not thicken.

natalie9, Apr 10, 6:48am
Pedantic.

buzzy110, Apr 10, 6:49am
uli. We really must learn to step away from the spite that this group can engender. I know you know how to make Egg Fu Yung but, like me I am sure you have no idea about Egg fong yu and if you try to answer you'll only let yourself in for more spite.

Leave it to the fluffies.

natalie9, Apr 10, 6:50am
Too funny

hezwez, Apr 10, 6:51am
Good idea. You and batman ~ oops I mean Uli, can enjoy your lovefest.

buzzy110, Apr 10, 6:52am
How so?

cooksessential specifically said, "You will find the butterfat content in the milk will not be enough to thicken the sauce and add a richness to it. " How does butterfat thicken a sauce?

buzzy110, Apr 10, 6:53am
Thanks hezwez. We will. Now be a good boy and go tell the poster how to make Egg fong yu. Off you go now.

natalie9, Apr 10, 6:53am
Fly away into the sunset... on your broomsticks cackling about buttermilk thickeners

cookessentials, Apr 10, 6:54am
Hi there buzzy, if you see post #7, you will notice my answer there. I am no scientist, so cannot answer why. Have a great weekend.

cookessentials, Apr 10, 6:58am
Hi jane04, I am sure fisher had a garlic sauce recipe somewhere. I am not sure if it will come up in the box at the top left of the page. As for the feijoa sauce, I dont think I have anything. I will check my preserves book.

buzzy110, Apr 10, 6:58am
Now really natalie9 you shouldn't mix your imagery. either we are Batman and Robin, in which case we drive away in our Batmobile or we have broomsticks. Sheesh. I wish you guys would get your act together.

buzzy110, Apr 10, 7:00am
So give me the link to #7 cooks so I can be sure about the source.

cookessentials, Apr 10, 7:00am
jane04, here is a link with a heap of feijoa recipes, most are for chutney etc... but there are also some cakes and dessert recipes also.
http://www2. everybody.co.nz/forum/ubbthreads. php? ubb=showfla
t&Number=490987&page=4&fpart=1

natalie9, Apr 10, 7:01am
Alright batmobile or broomsticks, just go.