Anyone want free Quinces in Masterton?

Page 2 / 2
lurtz, Apr 4, 10:35am
I often wish I could bottle the perfume when they are cooking. Or the taste when gently stewed.

md13, Apr 4, 7:20pm
spaniels text me and I will give the address to pick them up today 021 143 8344. I may not be here but will leave on the front door step

julie55, Apr 4, 8:02pm
i will be there this morning. Thanks for this offer.

md13, Apr 5, 4:41am
What lovely ladies, thank you both so much, neat to meet you both.Lurtz that was awesome of you, what a lovely surprise.My 85 year old mum lives with me and she has Alzheimers so what a delight on a day I was tired to have something yummy for dinner.I think I can find you some more quinces and these ones are in better condition than mine, would you both like any more!

julie55, Apr 5, 5:13am
They are in the pot know and I am freezing some as well.Thank you so much for doing this. And also thanks for letting me know that the Martinborough Fair is coming in May after it had to be cancelled in March due to the weather. Cheers

lurtz, Apr 5, 8:59am
A pleasure md13.

Your quinces were so welcome. Don't even think about gathering from others. Yours were so gratefully received.

All the best for next yearjulie55. Good to meet you both. Happy Easter.

jaybee2003, Apr 5, 11:03am
I have just seen this - do you still have quinces to spare! If so, I would love some. Last year I made a quince and tomato jam/relish. delicious with cold meat, on crackers, with pork. I am keen to have a go at quince paste also.

cookessentials, Apr 5, 11:58pm
Not sure if you still have any left! but any spares could be dropped off at the shop if that's ok!

md13, Apr 6, 12:57am
jaybee2003 there are two bags that spaniels didn't collect yesterday. Sorry have no idea about what shop.

cookessentials, Apr 6, 2:21am
The cookware store in Kuripuni, but no matter if you dont have any left.maybe next time.

jellabie, Apr 6, 4:45am
my tree blew over in a stormlast year, this year its sideways and devoid of fruit.I would have come over and taken some but I still have a few pots of quince jelly I made last season.What a nice thing to do though, hope you got plenty of willing cooks picking them up and making wondrous, tasty things with them :o)

seano7, Apr 6, 4:52am
The goodness of food in carterton I will take as many as you like as i have plans for them. Chocolate and fig cheesecakes

jaybee2003, Apr 9, 5:18am
Thanks so much md13. They are lovely quinces. Igot more than I bargained for though. Unbeknown to me there was a bee hiding on the bag handle.right where I picked it up. Yes, I got stung and am one of those who has a bee sting allergy. The quinces will keep though until the swelling goes down, so I am looking forward to making quince yummies in a day or three. :-)
Thanks so much for the fruit.