Gluten free recipes

jaym29, Jun 29, 4:25am
Have a got a yummy GF recipe but want to convert it. Is it just a case of exchanging the different quantities of GF flours for standard flour?

mbos, Jun 29, 5:37am
That's all I do!

radark, Jun 29, 6:25am
doesnt always work if the flour component is a major one as the gf flour is much denser but gd luck...........i have found that texture is always missing in gf food and often make potato/kumara based mixes then crumb then in gf breadcrumbs from binn inn to create yummy croquettes

k1andb2, Jun 29, 9:25pm
That sounds yummy radark.Can you post the recipe for your croquettes please?

jaym29, Jun 30, 4:25am
Have a got a yummy GF recipe but want to convert it. Is it just a case of exchanging the different quantities of GF flours for standard flour!

mbos, Jun 30, 5:37am
That's all I do!

radark, Jun 30, 6:25am
doesnt always work if the flour component is a major one as the gf flour is much denser but gd luck.i have found that texture is always missing in gf food and often make potato/kumara based mixes then crumb then in gf breadcrumbs from binn inn to create yummy croquettes

k1andb2, Jun 30, 9:25pm
That sounds yummy radark.Can you post the recipe for your croquettes please!

nzbadger, Jul 1, 3:33am
I was told & found it works MOST of the time if the original Non GF recipe does not require more then 2 1/2 cups of flour. Also add an extra egg & an extra tsp of Baking Powder.
I converted my sultana cake recipe last night & it was so yummy & better than the Wheat Flour one. So some recipes can work...a bit of trial & error sorry.

tarshlove, Jul 1, 3:51am
I have just done this to make muffins. I ended up using 1/3 cup of rice flour, 1/3 cup of potato flour and 1/3 cup of arrowroot flour then 1/2 tsp of guar gum per cup of flour to help bind it.

gaspodetwd, Jul 1, 6:33am
I usually add an egg too - and cook at a slightly lower temperature for longer gives better results.

nzbadger, Jul 2, 3:33am
I was told & found it works MOST of the time if the original Non GF recipe does not require more then 2 1/2 cups of flour. Also add an extra egg & an extra tsp of Baking Powder.
I converted my sultana cake recipe last night & it was so yummy & better than the Wheat Flour one. So some recipes can work.a bit of trial & error sorry.