Gluten Free chocolate cake

tarshlove, Jun 28, 8:47am
My daughter is having her bday party this weekend and one of the children attending is GF. I need step by step recipe for a chocolate cake. I have brought Potato flour, pea flour and tapioca flour. I also got some guar gum. I need help to know the mixtures of flour etc
TYIA :o)

gaspodetwd, Jun 28, 8:51am
I have a recipe but it doesn't use any of those flours or any gum! Just Cornflour.

winnie231, Jun 28, 9:04am
It might be easier to buy some Healtheries gluten-free baking mix & use that.
There's a recipe on their website for chocolate cake -
http://www.healtheries.co.nz/Healthy-and-Gluten-Free-recipes/Dairy-Free/Moist-Chocolate-Cake/default.aspx

kizzier, Jun 28, 9:39am
I just use either the GF mix from Binn Inn or Bakels flour....I use any cake recipe and use GF flour plus one extra teaspoon of baking powder...They work fantastically and more often than not are lighter and moister than wheat flour versions.

oscarnz, Jun 29, 6:29am
Don't forget that, which ever recipe you end up using, you need to ensure that the other ingredients such as baking powder, cocoa powder and icing sugar are also gluten free.

pom-pom, Jun 29, 6:59am
Are you making the whole party cake GF or just something small for the child whose GF? If the latter make a GF chocolate brownie and warm it slightly. There are loads of recipes on the web and if you search gluten free chocolate brownie in here under anytime, you'll get a good tried and tested one! Whatever you are doing you are lovely to be so thoughtful. As the parent of a coeliac kid I am just expecting to provide my own party food to wherever my daughter goes!

deus701, Jun 29, 8:35am
I have a gluten free choc cake recipe.
Its abit on the expensive side as it uses mascarpone and ground almonds. I post it up if u want it.

gaspodetwd, Jun 29, 8:51am
I have a recipe but it doesn't use any of those flours or any gum! Just Cornflour.

winnie231, Jun 29, 9:04am
It might be easier to buy some Healtheries gluten-free baking mix & use that.
There's a recipe on their website for chocolate cake -
http://www.healtheries.co.nz/Healthy-and-Gluten-Free-recipes/Dairy-Free/Moist-Chocolate-Cake/default.aspx

kizzier, Jun 29, 9:39am
I just use either the GF mix from Binn Inn or Bakels flour.I use any cake recipe and use GF flour plus one extra teaspoon of baking powder.They work fantastically and more often than not are lighter and moister than wheat flour versions.

tarshlove, Jun 29, 9:32pm
I have decided to do the whole cake GF it's probably better anyway lol. I have made coconut ice and gf cup cakes also. have pop corn, corn chips, marshmallows, fredo's , cupa cups, twisties too.

oscarnz, Jun 30, 6:29am
Don't forget that, which ever recipe you end up using, you need to ensure that the other ingredients such as baking powder, cocoa powder and icing sugar are also gluten free.

pom-pom, Jun 30, 6:59am
Are you making the whole party cake GF or just something small for the child whose GF! If the latter make a GF chocolate brownie and warm it slightly. There are loads of recipes on the web and if you search gluten free chocolate brownie in here under anytime, you'll get a good tried and tested one! Whatever you are doing you are lovely to be so thoughtful. As the parent of a coeliac kid I am just expecting to provide my own party food to wherever my daughter goes!

pom-pom, Jun 30, 7:19am
Tarshlove you are great. Hope you've found a good recipe. My daughter's dietician said not to have Bluebird chippies (no twisties or anything ) for our GF daughter due to contamination from product line!!

tarshlove, Jun 30, 9:32pm
I have decided to do the whole cake GF it's probably better anyway lol. I have made coconut ice and gf cup cakes also. have pop corn, corn chips, marshmallows, fredo's , cupa cups, twisties too.

pom-pom, Jul 1, 7:19am
Tarshlove you are great. Hope you've found a good recipe. My daughter's dietician said not to have Bluebird chippies (no twisties or anything ) for our GF daughter due to contamination from product line!