Gluten Free Hazlenut Chocolate Cake

newflover, Mar 28, 8:22pm
We enjoyed this at Pukeko Junction, at Leithfield, does anyone have the recipe???We would love it!!Thank you!

uli, Mar 28, 11:11pm

auntlb, Mar 29, 1:50am
I use this recipe - have made it with ground hazelnuts instead of almonds also

Gluten Free Chocolate Cake
Ingredients:
150gms butter
150gms dark chocolate
⅓ c cocoa
1 ⅓ c firmly packed brown sugar
⅓ c hot strong coffee
1 c ground almonds
4 eggs - separated
______________________________-
________

Turn oven on to 160ºC Fanbake.
Melt together:
150gm butter
150gm dark chocolate

In separate bowl mix together
⅓ c cocoa
1⅓ c firmly packed brown sugar
⅓ c hot strong coffee
Combine chocolate mixture with sugar and coffee mixture.Mix until smooth.
Add in
4 egg yolks
1 c ground almonds
In clean bowl beat 4 egg whites until forming soft peaks.
Fold egg whites in to mixture slowly.
Bake for 1¼ hrs or until inserted skewer comes out clean.
Cool for 30 mins before removing from tin.
Ice with chocolate icing OR
with chocolate ganache:

½ c cream melted with 150gm dark chocolate.Mix until smooth.Cool until it thickens.Spread on to cake.

rosathemad, Mar 29, 4:46am
Was it a very rich cake? There's a pretty well circulated cake, often called gianduja torte or chocolate hazelnut torte which contains only five ingredients - hazelnuts, chocolate, sugar, butter and eggs. I love it as it is so rich it needs nothing more than a sprinkling of icing sugar (though you can ice it if you wish) and depending on how finely you crush the hazelnuts it can have a good nutty texture. :-)

My recipe is here (please excuse the train shape I baked it in - the cake works perfectly well in a normal tin too!): http://www.mrscake.co.nz/2010/12/chocolate-hazenut-torte-train-cake.html

herika, Mar 29, 8:35am
Just a wee tip: as cocoa and coffee (freeze dried coffee is gluten free) can have gluten fillers the recipes without these ingredients would be the safer options for any gluten intolerant people.

newflover, Mar 29, 8:22pm
We enjoyed this at Pukeko Junction, at Leithfield, does anyone have the recipe!We would love it!Thank you!

uli, Mar 29, 11:11pm

rosathemad, Mar 30, 4:46am
Was it a very rich cake! There's a pretty well circulated cake, often called gianduja torte or chocolate hazelnut torte which contains only five ingredients - hazelnuts, chocolate, sugar, butter and eggs. I love it as it is so rich it needs nothing more than a sprinkling of icing sugar (though you can ice it if you wish) and depending on how finely you crush the hazelnuts it can have a good nutty texture. :-)

My recipe is here (please excuse the train shape I baked it in - the cake works perfectly well in a normal tin too!): http://www.mrscake.co.nz/2010/12/chocolate-hazenut-torte-train-cake.html

willyow, Apr 5, 7:24pm
I stock a Dutch Cocoa that is pure cocoa with no fillers - 21% fatcompared with supermarket brands (8-10% fat) which means it is much stronger - all the flavour is inthe fat. If people usePremiun Dutch -processed cocoas, they are gluten-free and quite safe as they have NO fillers. You paymore, but as well as the safety/quality factor, it tastes like chocolate, not cocoa.