Is there any hope for my tomatoes.

eastie3, Feb 10, 10:11am
I have a tomato plant given to me as a gift in late November.It had tiny toms at the time and while they have grown,and more have appeared,none have ripened.I re-potted it and have regularly fed and watered it,but I'm guessing that it's a dud and there will be no edible tomatoes.Should I have removed the fruit when re potting!

firob, Feb 10, 10:25am
Hoefully they will ripen in time. I know several who have plenty of green tomatoes. We have 10 plants with lots of green fruit.

makespacenow, Feb 10, 6:37pm
You can use green tomatoes to make a very yummy green tomato chutney.in fact we like it so much we intentionally plant heaps of tom plants so we can pick the green ones too.

ruby19, Feb 10, 6:42pm
Ours are the same,some even rotting before ripening, same with our peppers rotting before turning red!

fifie, Feb 10, 6:58pm
Can be the season if its to wet and not enough sunshine.We find this also sometimes quite often its end march before i pick them. Any starting to ripen with a touch of colourpick every few days and put in a basin, sit in a sunny spot inside keep turning them and they will eventually ripen, other wise as others say green tomato chutney yum !

davidt4, Feb 10, 8:45pm
It's a very late season this year and everyone is complaining about non-ripening tomatoes.Ours are in very sheltered hot spots but still not doing much.Don't despair, just wait a bit longer. that

beaker59, Feb 10, 8:53pm
Mine are awesome this year slow but developing all the same. The great thing this year is they are coming on at a rate of 2 or 3 a day so a constant supply since xmass :)

Sometimes though I do get that where they are fully developed but then colour up very slowly what I do is pick them when they just start to look like the beginning of colour then put them on the kitchen windowsill they will ripen within a week up there only pick enough for a few days each time so you have a constant supply eventually the plant ripened ones will catch up.

nfh1, Feb 10, 8:58pm
I have cherry tomatoes and Roma ripening regularly - one of the plants did not seem to be ripening, just went yellow - I found out last week they are supposed to be yellow tomatoes.I would have been waiting forever for them to go red.

Anyone needing vege garden advice just ask!

lythande1, Feb 10, 11:15pm
Pots - better to be loose in a garden, they have room then and aren't stunted. Plus feed it.

eastie3, Feb 11, 12:11am
Thanks for all the info,I feel more encouraged now that I know others have the same experience.

lillol, Feb 11, 12:14am
I'm so proud, I just picked my first tomato this morning hahaha. It's the first time I have ever grown them and even though they're a bit sad looking, apparently it's been a bad year for tomatoes. I'm going to make a salad tonight and the guest of honour is going to be my first ever tomato yayaa!

elliehen, Feb 11, 1:53am
This could be the reason.from a Yahoo News website ;)

INSTALLING SUMMER in New Zealand. ███████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░ 44% DONE.

Installation failed.

404 error: Season not found

Please try again next year.

donna_jo29, Feb 11, 5:35am
wow exciting. same here. mine are in my garden and ive got heaps of little ones forming.