Chicken breasts.

el.diablo, Feb 7, 9:20am
Anyone got any good ideas for how to use chicken breasts! On a flatting budget but thinking of trying something different. There's quite a few and they still have the bones and skin. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :D

ant_sonja, Feb 7, 9:37pm
You could de-bone, and cut of the meat for a butter chicken dish, for a simple version, all you'll need is the spices, some cream or yogurt, onion and tomato puree/paste; serve with rice. Or roast them as they are, rub skin with garlic butter (butter/a clove of garlic, salt, mushed together) serve with salad or whatever you feel like. As they are breasts, they can dry out easily so the butter will help keep them moist, just don't over-cook them.

sarahb5, Feb 7, 9:44pm
I am doing a whole Portuguese BBQ chicken tonight but you could use the same seasoning on a chicken breast:

1 Tbsp lemon juice
2 tsps olive oil
1 garlic clove
2 tsps dried oregano
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp smoked paprika

Mix together, spread over the chicken and leave to marinate for at least an hour before you barbecue or bake in the oven.I removed the skin but you don't have to.

ferrit47, Feb 7, 9:57pm
IPutSoya Sauce & Chicken Stock over mine with Pepper & Salt.

lavender32, Feb 7, 10:14pm
Slice breast through middle to open up like butterfly then beat down with a rolling pin to flatten & flour then coat with either milk or egg & dip in bread crumps or crushed cornflakes. Pan fry.

supercook, Feb 7, 10:28pm
Thats what we do with ours thats on the menu at our house tonight. Chicken breasts are on special at Countdown $10.99kg.

makespacenow, Feb 7, 10:34pm
I smoke mine they taste even better after few days in the fridge.first i leave them overnight in a mic of fig balsamic vinegar honey spanish smoked paprka chilli salt.then smoke them in ordinary fish smoker.they are nice cold sliced in sammies too.unfortunately we do have two little waste disposals that love it too much .

dotty23, Feb 9, 7:57am
I make up a mixture of honey, soy sauce, and garlic to marinate the chicken.(Don't need to marinate for long, if at all really).Cut breast into small slices/pieces & pan fry.Put 4-5 pieces chicken into a pita pocket, along with letter, tomato, cucumber, parsley, peppers etc, and top with a bit of sweet chilli sauce.I did this for the kids tonight - one breast fed 3 with some left over even!It is their all-time favourite and so, so easy.

elsha00, Feb 11, 10:37pm