Stuffed mushrooms

firob, Feb 3, 9:51am
Hello there, Anyone have any suggestions for Stuffed Mushrooms !. Thanks

darkestangel1, Feb 1, 12:56am
I love mushrooms - and have heard of having them stuffed - but haven't tried making them before - so can you please help me with suggestions, hints and recipes please!

uli, Feb 1, 12:58am
I have never "stuffed" them as in cutting a slit into the mushrooms, but I have often baked the bigger caps upside down with a topping of herbed mince and cheese.

nauru, Feb 1, 1:21am
I have used the recipe in the link below many times. Replacing the crabmeat with prawns and used thai chilli sauce instead of the creole seasoning.

http://southernfood.about.com/od/stuffedmushrooms/r/bl51227f.htm

nauru, Feb 1, 1:22am
These are stuffed mushrooms, you don't usually slit the mushrooms to stuff them.

lythande1, Feb 1, 3:07am
Bacon and tomato. Cheese on top.

vintagekitty, Feb 1, 3:12am
mmm blue cheese and breadcrumbs or a knob of garlic butter

uli, Feb 1, 3:23am
There you go then. I always thought stuffing is something you do inside a chicken or inside a rolled roast or inside a chicken breast etc.- not just piled on top.

uli, Feb 1, 3:24am

nauru, Feb 1, 3:44am
You learn something every day. You can do the same with other veges too.

uli, Feb 1, 3:49am
So a half courgette heaped with meat is "stuffed" as well!

rusticedge, Feb 3, 8:21am
get button mushrroms, take stalk out, mix up cream cheese and garlic and then carefully spoon into cavity of mushrrom - approx 1/2 a teaspoon full then wrap with bacon strips and secure with toothpick - cook on bbq plate.
you can mix herbs with cream cheese or whatever u like .takes abit of time to amke but really yummy.

wendalls, Feb 3, 8:43am
Yep i 2 nd the cream cheese and sauteed garlic plus other herbs like thyme

zharacadz, Feb 3, 9:12am
Mine are amazing! Remove the stem. In a bowl mix crumbed feta, olive oil, Italian mixed herbs and basil (dried and add to taste) and a good teaspoon garlic. Roast in oven for5 mins only. Yummo!

punkinthefirst, Feb 3, 10:25am
LOL. who was it that said "Life's too short to stuff a mushroom "!

bev00, Feb 3, 11:12am
I like a mixture of chopped garlic, parsley, butter and chopped walnuts.

Blue cheese is a good combination with mushrooms; roast the mushrooms first until tender, then put a slice of good quality blue cheese on top and grill very briefly until the cheese is just melted.

Quotedavidt4 (203 )3:57 pm, Fri 3 Feb #2
I do cream cheese, chopped parsley and crushed garlic with a walnut. Egg & breadcrumb twice and fry.

Quote52many (143 )4:58 pm, Fri 3 Feb #4
Blue vein cheese is my fav!

Quotelindylambchops1 (29 )5:08 pm, Fri 3 Feb #5
I use Vogels bread crumbs, grated parmesan and basil pesto then moisten the mixture with olive oil.

Quotegreerg (242 )8:54 pm, Fri 3 Feb #6
I whisk some eggs, mix in some cheese and chopped up brazil nuts. divine.

Quoteaqua33 (67 )10:32 am, Sat 4 Feb

petal-pickle, Feb 3, 7:06pm
I buy the large portobello mushrooms, carefully break the stalk and fill with cream cheese then smother with sweet thai chilli sauce. Put under the grill on a fairly lowish temperature under sauce is slightly caramelised. Deeelicious! (Always make more than you think you need as everyone loves these!)

davidt4, Feb 3, 8:44pm
I think it was Shirley Conran.

marlin9, Feb 3, 9:35pm
I have used the larger mushrooms - put peppered pate on and topped with mashed spuds - yummy.Now you have me thinking 'buy some mushrooms'

punkinthefirst, Feb 3, 11:07pm
You're right. She missed out on some things.