Sponge fingers for tiramasu-have you seen any ?

Page 2 / 2
makespacenow, Jan 27, 3:36am
they are just not available all year round.i remember asking both supermarket chains years ago when i moved to nz.
Kids love dunking them into hot chocolate.lemon&honey tea etc.great to make no bake tortes.lovely with fresh berries and custard on top.desserts etc.I make few batches a week.

sarahb5, Jan 27, 4:07am
We've always found them year round in New World here in New Plymouth - they are one of the treat foods I buy for my daughter when she's home and send to her when she's at uni but if Unibic aren't making them anymore I will just buy them from Vetro

http://www.vetro.co.nz/index.phproute=information/our_stores&location_id=114

figjamto, Jan 27, 9:06pm
I struggled to find them just before Xmas, found just about the last packet in local New World.they were not unibic.and I have forgotten the make.not much help .sorry

ansypansy1, Jan 27, 9:47pm
I'd never heard of Vetro (and I've been a caaterer) but then, they are a distance from us, I live in Opotiki, beautiful beaches, but few services.
Next time we're in Rotorua which is our nearest outlet, I'll go and look.
The illustrations make the warehouse/shop look amazing
Thanks for the tip

sarahb5, Jan 27, 11:31pm
We have one here in NP but I didn't realise there were others around the country so I have learnt something too!

trader125, Jan 28, 1:19am
I work at new world ,have tried to order some from 3different importers ,they all are out of stock and waiting for new stock in next few weeks,so have not been deleted just hard to get

dreamers, Jan 28, 1:25am
Bought a packet of56 from Sabato for $6 last week.for me not worth putting the oven to make them.

flower-child01, Jan 28, 8:30pm
you could always make them, here is an authentic italian recipe http://brama-sole.co.nz/recipes/savoiardi/

sumstyle, Jan 28, 9:03pm
Cool, cos I found them easily in NW before Christmas, buthad searched in vain since I saw this thread!Thanks for the info.

wineo, Jan 29, 9:37am
pak and save albany had them under the name saviordi (when I was in there a couple of hours ago, (not sure how to spell)on shelves In front of the deli

sarahb5, Feb 27, 12:39am
For those of you still looking Countdown has them but they are now the Vittoria brand - I found them with the Select boxed cookies.Vetro didn't have any here in NP but at least now I have some to put in my daughter's "back to uni care pack"

sumstyle, Feb 27, 6:25pm
Yeah they are back in New World South City (Chc) now in the international section.

tmcs1, Feb 28, 4:56am
Wairau Park, pak 'n save has some really nice dutch ones. Only like $2 for a big packet

sarahb5, Feb 28, 8:42pm
Will have a look at Pak'n Save here as well then

tjman, Feb 28, 9:10pm
I can normally buy them in the inernational Isle at pak n save of countdown

rainrain1, Feb 28, 9:22pm
Dutch section of your supermarket,they are called lange vingers

sarahb5, Feb 28, 9:41pm
Our supermarket doesn't have a Dutch section and they were MIA from the international aisle at Countdown and New World for a while, and also none in Vetro

duna1, Feb 29, 7:22am
countdown westgate