Teenage vegetarian visitor help please

Page 3 / 3
ruby19, Jan 15, 7:00pm
Reawyn look up spicy aubergine &chickpeas on the bbc goodfood site. It is really good, and simple to make. Had it for tea last night. The aubergine slices can be prepared the day before, and the sauces are really easy to throw together. I used mint in my version of the recipe, and i find it works really well.

elliehen, Jan 15, 9:13pm
You sound like a product of the 'eat what you're given' generation ;)

You're lucky that there was no one there to tell her what's really in sausages (snouts and rectums and carcass slurry).then there really could have been tears!

buzzy110, Jan 16, 8:53am
Lol. Another good sorting out method is to serve her up a pile of actual vegetables. Often 12 year olds don't like vegetables, especially salad, unless it is between two pieces of white bread.

ggmd, Jan 16, 11:30am
Give him a good telling off.

bella430, Jan 16, 12:13pm
Oh, i faced this challenge at Christmas time. I prepared and froze spinach & feta lasagne (cut in portions before freezing),and Zucchini fritters. Stuffed eggs were very popular with the vego family members, as was roasted garlicky vegetable salad with a balsamic dressing. Apart from that I just provided a variety of food at each meal. It worked OK. Actually, I found that the meat eaters hoed into the vegetarian options first. I found I had to tell the vego people to help them selves first, otherwise it would be all gone!

illusion_, Jan 16, 8:15pm
The point was that as with most kids sausages done on a bbq are fairly irresistible. Just have to find something that they are NOT going to say "No" to.
She already knew what was in them, and the reality is nothing at all like the scaremongering on tv etc. At least not where I get my sausages from (local butcher).

duckmoon, Jan 14, 4:17am

elsha00, Jan 14, 8:07am
We've got a few vegetarian options on our website if you'd like to take a look =)

http://culinarylove.weebly.com

uli, Jan 14, 10:18pm
bump for the vegetarians

1olly1, Jan 15, 12:13am
That so funny must have been good, we have had that happen before too.

punkinthefirst, Jan 15, 12:37am
This. borrow their book(s) from your library. Delicious food even meat-eaters will love, using mostly everyday ingredients.

frances1266, Jan 15, 5:44am
Alison and Simon Holst have a new vegetarian recipe book out.Think it combines their other veg books plus vegetarian recipes from all of their cookbooks.It is very good as usual and will be a best seller like the original one.

uli, Jan 15, 5:50am
I always laugh at the "even meat eaters like it".
Of course we do!
I love any vegetarian meal with a hot sizzling rare steak!

punkinthefirst, Jan 15, 6:48am
Yeah, yeah!
Once apon a time vege food used to be soooooo heavy and flavourless and. EARNEST.LOLMy Grandad was a vegetarian way back in the 50's. The food was diabolical!