What is the best brand of mandolin please

Page 1 / 2
lenart, Jan 1, 8:52pm
Benriner mandolines can be found in either Korean (Wang Mart) or Japanese (Japanese Lifestyle Goods) shops. Price under $40. Larger size around $70 although I didn't find large size comfortable for everyday cooking. I use Benriner for many years and wouldn't change to any other brand. Simple, practical, sharp, great quality.

lenart, Jan 12, 12:32am

knowsley, Jan 12, 5:23am
I have the Bron and love it. Bought off Trademe years ago for $100. I think Moore Wilson have them - up around $400, from memory.

soph001, Jan 21, 10:06am
The V slicer, aka "The Finger Slicing Machine" in our family lol, The best thing ever, and the latest model looks even easier to use! And you can choose what colour, no more standard orange!

edited for spelling.

barbra1, Jan 21, 10:49am
I have found the ones from the Asian markets very good to use and don't break the budget.

gardie, Jan 21, 5:33pm
My skin creeps when I see those chefs on TV using it without the holder.

lythande1, Jan 21, 6:45pm
I have a V shaped one, white in colour, cheap as dirt, works extremely well, I love it, just watch the fingers, it's razor sharp!

bedazzledjewels, Dec 30, 10:56pm
TIA.

tjman, Dec 30, 11:08pm
Not sure there, but I know they can be quite expensive. The cheap one's dont work very well.

bedazzledjewels, Dec 30, 11:11pm
That's what I suspect too tjman.
I prefer to pay more for good quality.

tjman, Dec 30, 11:14pm
Cookessensials would probably know.Thats what their business is.
Maybe ask her a question on facebook.Happy New Year

bedazzledjewels, Dec 30, 11:20pm
Teehee.

ks1968, Dec 30, 11:40pm
I have a V Slicer and swear by it!

bedazzledjewels, Dec 30, 11:41pm
Is that the Oxo Good Grips one!

ks1968, Dec 30, 11:44pm
I have the Borner Version of the V Slicer

deus701, Dec 30, 11:47pm
I think its this one

http://benriner.com/

ks1968, Dec 30, 11:50pm
http://www.kitchenadventures.co.nz/product-catagories/borner-v-slicer/V4-vslicer/v4.htm

Not sure if that will work or not, sorry never put a link up before

cookessentials, Dec 31, 12:05am
It depends on your budget. Bron Couke and Benriner are very good, however, they are very very expensive and most domestic cookware stores do not sell them. They are available commercially and I have had the odd customer wanting them. The Mastrad mandoline is a very good one, it is French and has eight different blades for various tasks with adjustable thickness. Zyliss also do a good one.

cookessentials, Dec 31, 12:22am
The Zyliss Smart Guard is very good as are all Zyliss products

http://www.youtube.com/watch!v=a6K-j1EJeDk

bedazzledjewels, Dec 31, 12:28am
Thanks for the links Cooks.

cookessentials, Dec 31, 12:40am
You're welcome.

buzzy110, Dec 31, 1:05am
Same.

magenta, Dec 31, 1:31am
I have a Bamix one which I found in a charity shop for a few dollars. It is plastic but incredibly sharp!Whatever brand you get, use the safety holder, it is so easy to do great damage to your fingers with one of these. I have the scar to prove it!

jano8, Dec 31, 1:41am
bornea / v-slicer / bamix - all legendry products that have stood the test of time for years. people love them.-the link above post no 10 from 'ks1968' for kitchen adventures is the guy 'frank' who has been selling / demonstrating the original bamix, bornea vslicer & swiss peeler around new zealand for 20+ years (thereare lots of dif versions available now though).but you can't go wrong with the original products millions of happy customers & still going strong 25 years later .

elliehen, Dec 31, 2:29am
Mine is a US Benriner brand made in Japan - the best blade, so they say,"for household and professional use".