What to do with leftover ham!

Page 3 / 3
ceila, Dec 30, 4:38am
All the above suggestion my is the bone I freeze it then in winter make a vege soup using the ham bone.Yummy taste
Cheers

fec2003, Dec 30, 5:33am
Well - I'd never seen that version of the Oxfordshire sauce and am now confused as to why what I make has the same name, when it's so very different! If it had the citrus stuff in it, I couldn't eat it - so I think I'll stick with my recipe. (from a tv show, shown with bacon clanger, which I'd been making for years and years without the accompanyment!) Sorry for causing confusion! The sauce I thought would be good with your meatloaf is the recipe I give in post #17!

richard198, Dec 31, 4:07am
These people reckon it is the same with redcurrant jelly, Orange and lemon zest etc.! I'm confused now!
http://www.food.com/recipe/oxford-sauce-81182

lurtz, Dec 26, 11:05pm
I found this reference in the following website. Here's the link

www.naturallyorganic.co.nz/christmas.php

Q:How do I store my Xmas ham! . Mix 2 cups of cold water with 1 tablespoon of white vinegar in a large bowl or lemonade will do the trick as well. - Soak a cloth ham storeage bag(or a clean pillow slip) in the mixture for 2-3 minutes. .

245sam, Dec 26, 11:26pm
hunter246, on the following link is a recipe that you might like to try - it's not a pie as such but a crustless quiche:-

http://www.pork.co.nz/Recipes/RecipeBook/RecipePage/tabid/69/cutID/8/methodID/1/recipeID/162/recipeTypeID/0/RecipeSearch/pie/Default.aspx

Hope that helps.:-))

fifie, Dec 27, 1:20am
Pleased with myself this year didn't go over board with the food. Have just made a quiche with last ofham, turkey, asapargus, few vegs, cheese, and tomatoes, cleaned out my fridge nicely. Desserts all got eaten,no waste which is good.

wendalls, Dec 27, 1:27am
Wasnt the whole ham and lemonade thing debated last year! And after starting off skeptical I came round to thinking it must work. I froze mine in portions so I didnt have to bother with daily changes of teatowel, bag or lemonade. Made beautiful ham and cheese muffins among other things every few days. And didnt get sick of it from feeling we had to eat it every day.

rainrain1, Dec 27, 2:44am
I always get my butcher to halve the leg of ham and vacuum pack the two pieces.One to cut on xmas day which is any amount for us, the other half goes into the freezer for later down the track