How do I cook a ham??

mkmakeover, Dec 21, 7:33pm
I have no idea! Do you cook it in the oven or a pot? Would like it to be moist and maybe have a glaze but must be easy. Its already cooked and smoked and its not very big as only 2 of us so only enough for both of us. thanks!

bedazzledjewels, Dec 21, 7:43pm
Then you only need to glaze it.

Use the search function on the left of your screen - heaps of threads here about glazing hams.

caro25, Dec 21, 7:44pm
peel back the skin rub flesh with brown sugar and pour a can of pineapple juice over it depending on size depending on how long you heat for maybe an hour , hour and half every 30 minutes bast with the juice from pan maybe 150 fan bake

kulkkulbelle, Nov 28, 9:54am
For Xmas I always put 1/2 cup marmalade and bottled gingerale in the bottom of pan, pack the top of diamond-scored fat ham(you remove skin carefully - check youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QKkRKH2YGBY) liberally with Mild American (or any)Mustard and brown sugar.
Put in oven at 180 for 20 minutes and turn down to 160 in about 25 minutes and start basting every 7-10 minutes until ham has reached 140deg inside.

Always juicy, tasty and celebratory

You can substitute any juice, wine even beer for the gingerale, but the secret of any ham is in the continuous basting in my opinion.