Vege Quiche needed please

paddocks, Mar 30, 10:21pm
Hi all, I am entertaining and need a quiche recipe that will impress :) A nice big thick one like they have in cafe's. Thanks

margyr, Mar 30, 10:29pm
bake it in a cake tin, one of those spring form ones that the bottom comes out of, line it with baking paper. do you want a recipe for one with or without a crust, self crusting is easy, just roast a ton of vege with some butter and garlic, use tasty vege, when cool put them in a bowl with some grated cheese, in another bowl mix up about 8 eggs, cup of milk, salt and pepper, in the bowl with your vege and cheese put a couple of cups of flour and 2 tsp baking powder, pour over your egg and milk mix and stir through dont mix too much or worry too much about lumps, pour into cake tin decorate the top with some more cheese, asparagus or tomato, bake till golden, use a skewer to check that inside is cooked.

margyr, Mar 30, 10:30pm
to your roasted vege, add some spinach or silverbeet and some onion.

paddocks, Mar 30, 10:44pm
Yum thank u , I would prefer a base, do you have a recipe for that or do I just use pastry ? ?

margyr, Mar 30, 10:55pm
use savoury short pastry, bake it blind, line your baking tin put pastry in prick, put some baking paper on that then pour in raw macoroni bake for about 10 mins 180 degree, put macorni into an ice cream container for next time. when ready just fill it with your quiche, same as i said in the self crusting one but dont use the flour and baking powder and use less milk. cauliflower, capsicum also give a nice flavour with the vege.

cookessentials, Dec 19, 3:17pm
Just omit the ham in this one.

1 sheet puff pastry
5 eggs
¼- ½ tub thickened cream
1 tomato, sliced
200g camembert cheese
1 shallot, sliced
1 small capsicum, sliced
1 cup baby spinach leaves
150g ham, sliced
2 tablespoons chopped parsley

Preheat oven to 200°C.

Line a 20cm tart tin with the pastry. Line the pastry with baking paper. Weigh down with baking beads or rice and bake for 15 minutes. Remove the beads and paper and bake for a further 5 minutes.

Beat together eggs and cream. Season with salt and pepper.

Layer remaining ingredients into the baked tart shell. Top with cream and egg mixture and bake for 30-35 minutes or until cooked.

Serve with a green salad.