Show us your Christmas Treats

Page 3 / 4
2be, Dec 14, 12:35am
Wow, you guys are so inspirational. Love seeing the pics, thanks. Wish I was on ALL of your goodies recipient lists!

griffo4, Dec 14, 12:36am
Gosh you have been busy jodyw1 and they look so lovely and Christmassy
l bet they won't last long ;-))

winnie231, Dec 14, 1:07am
shop-a-holic . that looks fantastic :D You are very talented!

leogal1, Dec 14, 1:09am
Love the platter jodyw1 - great idea!

babytears, Dec 14, 1:12am
WOW! I didn't know you could get edible glitter :)

shop-a-holic, Dec 14, 1:14am
Found on TM, sprinkled all over the place :-)
Red one is Jewel Cherry. Top of cake is called Twinkle White, it allows fondant to sparkle. Also on there is green, gold and silver.

ayglepaygle, Dec 16, 3:01am
Many thanks Pamellie

I made this recipe. Ihave cut into bars and wrapped in cellophane as gifts. I substituted Bayleys for the coffee liqueur.So easy to make. I certainly will be making again for gifts!

elliehen, Dec 16, 10:38am
Thanks for that warning!Hope others see it.

pamellie, Dec 16, 6:28pm
You're welcome, yes it is easy and the baileys sounds nice. I hope the recievers enjoy them.

pamellie, Dec 19, 6:19am
That looks good, any chance we can have a view more of the 'flowers'. I must admit I haven't taken it any further, though I did see my local New World florist selling the boxes for $4 each the other day. I seem to be having a streak of things not working out so well when I try them these days and the tree could end up being an expensive mistake. Mind you there are still a few more days left to go and I do need to get my mum something.

elliehen, Dec 19, 6:47am
Your gingerbread houses are magical.Do you have a favourite recipe for the dough!

craig04, Dec 19, 7:00am
Thanks elliehen, I used a recipe off the net for that one but sadly it didn't taste very nice and we ended up just picking off the lollies! This year I'm going back to my usual gingerbread recipe that I use to make gingerbread men out of - it's lovely and hard and crunchy and tastes nice although not the best gingerbread I've ever had either. I'm still looking for the perfect gingerbread recipe!

kellybme, Dec 19, 7:15pm
how do u upload the photo to message board!

chooky, Dec 19, 7:40pm
Woow Kellybme that looks neat. Well done.

cottagerose, Dec 20, 3:14am
Thats lovely. What is under your milk bottles

gardie, Dec 20, 5:52am
Great effort eliehen.I'd certainly enjoy receiving something so lovingly handmade.

kob, Dec 21, 4:09am
wow cool pamelie well done

thitryfiver, Dec 21, 4:45am
To Chicco2, your owl shortbread is lovely would you mind telling what the eyes are made from.

elliehen, Dec 21, 6:20am
That is exquisite!I will save your photo to inspire myself to try the tree again next year.

neville26, Dec 21, 7:22am
I just love the gingerbread houses! You people are so talented! BTW Are gingerbread houses for eating or just for looking at!

rubyjane11, Dec 22, 9:33pm
what a cool idea.fantastic!

kellybme, Dec 22, 9:47pm
cottagerose wrote:
Thats lovely. What is under your milk bottles

It's made with a cone shape, then baking paper the fruit sticks stuck together with white choc, once set remove the cone & baking paper, so the lot is all lollies.:-)

chicco2, Dec 24, 5:34am
Sorry for the late reply thirtyfiver.
The owls eyes are white fondant with black fondant in the centre.

cookessentials, Dec 24, 6:03am
They look wonderful

molly37, Dec 24, 6:19am
These are beautiful. Well done you.!