Show us your Christmas Treats

Page 2 / 4
gardie, Dec 11, 5:14pm
Really like the green one - will be interested to hear how you go.

pamellie, Dec 11, 6:34pm
Aren't they fabulous and very expensive. I like the wreaths too. I'm sure once you figured out how they were made, they would be easy to put together.

kob, Dec 11, 6:50pm
would it be a glue gun used to secure them, or would that not carry the weight, they sure are cool

kob, Dec 11, 6:54pm
after looking closly at it I think it has the green moss stuffin a xmas tree shape , the stuff you use for floral art, and I do think they are secureed in place by toothpicks

kob, Dec 11, 6:56pm
gogle google google

Place a 12-inch tall foam cone on a round decorative plate. Remove the truffles from the outer packaging but leave them wrapped and in their foil cups.

Poke a toothpick into the bottom of one truffle, piercing the paper and 1/3 of the candy. Poke the other end of the toothpick into the base of the foam tree.

Continue to poke the truffles with toothpicks and arrange them on the cone base. Start with a bottom ring, then add another ring of truffles above that. Continue until the entire cone or tree is covered.

Poke the tiny picks of plastic mistletoe or holly berries into the cone at random locations.

Pierce a gold foam star-shaped ornament with a toothpick. The toothpick should be located between the two bottom star arms. Poke the toothpicked star into the top of the Christmas tree as an ornament

Read more: How to Make a Ferrero Rocher Christmas Tree | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_8560609_make-ferrero-rocher-christmas-tree.html#ixzz1gFo2FhbA

elliehen, Dec 11, 9:47pm
Thanks kob.Of course.toothpicks and polystyrene.I am sure I can make one for much less than $200 ;)

elliehen, Dec 11, 9:50pm
I'll have seen one by Wednesday and then know whether I want to proceed.Roses chocolates would be cheaper.

pamellie, Dec 11, 10:53pm
http://www.bloomingsweets.com.au/

Here's an aussie one, bit smaller and way cheaper!

How do you think the cone stays in the box! Would it reach right to the bottom or sit on something!

elliehen, Dec 11, 11:20pm
I'll try to report back on that too :)Some pretty variations in that link and they must be popular to be all sold out!

mothergoose4, Dec 12, 3:20am
I made one of these for my husband last Xmas. I used Ferrero Rocher chocolates, and pushed them onto a long wooden skewer. I then put this into some green florist oasis, but I guess polystyrene would work just as well. I then pushed the skewer gently through squares of tissue paper, and arranged them to look like a flower arrangement.He was delighted.

jed, Dec 12, 3:43am
I made a Chocolate Topiary and Lolly Wreaths last year.Have photo's but don't know how to load them on here.

02kids, Dec 12, 5:27am
recipe for the coffee and white chocolate balls please,,they look and sound devine

pamellie, Dec 12, 6:40am
See post #20. You are the second person to ask. I was told today they were delicious.

edens_house, Dec 12, 11:02am
Just had a look at the chocolate wreaths and flowerpot chocs, I would be 99percent sure that they have had a kebab stick shoved up the rear, which does hold really well and if you place your chocs well you wont see the sticks. For hygene purposes please cover the oasis with glad wrap or something simalar as it does crumble, and is not very good to eat. You can make little skirts with material or ribbon and attatch it to the kebab stick behind the chocolate before you attatch it to the oasis. If you are still not sure what I mean just ask. Looks pretty simple to me but I have been doing floristy for a very long time.

elliehen, Dec 12, 11:22am
Photos of the bouquets are on her website above.

echo275, Dec 13, 3:06am
Saw some of the "lolly bouquets" at the mall andhad a good look, and the sweets are attached by glue gun to a thick green florist wire, so they do not pierce the chocolates.

echo275, Dec 13, 9:50am
elliehen,your truffles look great. thank you for sharing.

elliehen, Dec 13, 9:52am
Hi pamellie.I inspected the chocolate Xmas tree today and the poylstyrene is carved into a square block that fills the box, with a rectangular tower.The chocolates are attached to bamboo skewers and the paper 'leaves' are taped around the skewer just underneath the chocolate.When the chocolates are removed, the leaves stay there so the tree doesn't look too denuded (several had been plundered before my arrival).

It certainly makes a good edible Christmas decoration to sit on a table in a small space.I am going to try to construct one, but won't promise a photo unless it meets my expectations :)

elliehen, Dec 13, 9:56am
Of course they do belong to Trade Me's rosathemad, otherwise known on her website as Mrs Cake and I just pointed in her direction :)I like her website with its friendly conversational tone.

elliehen, Dec 13, 11:23am
Very nice!And your house has character :)

I have seen a Gingerbread house with tea-light candles inside it in a darkened room- very atmospheric.

wildebeest, Dec 13, 11:50am
thanks elliehen! that is a great idea!

kob, Dec 13, 6:16pm
orsum, dont you just love xmas

pamellie, Dec 13, 6:32pm
Thanks, I'm still thinking of giving one a go. Do you think the local florist would sell me a box and the paper and also have you seen the chocolatestars anywhere!

I look forward to seeing your photo (as I'm sure you will do a good job) and hearing your tips and tricks you discover as you go.

elliehen, Dec 13, 11:38pm
I think the florist is probably a good place to look for the chocolate stars too.They often have chocolate novelties to put in their gift baskets (ladybirds etc).I have seen packets of ladybirds on the top shelf in the supermarket above the slab chocolate.Might be worth standing on tippytoes to look :)

shop-a-holic, Dec 14, 12:24am
I use tea-lights but they are battery operated LED flicker tealights. A normal tea light will turn the largest jack-o-lantern into roast pumpkin on the letterbox. As I learnt.
A burning tealight candle will actually destroy gingerbread and royal icing glue.
Have to dig out the pics :-)