Show us your Christmas Treats

Page 1 / 4
winnie15, Jan 5, 1:15am
i made this last night after drooling over the picture you'd posted . and it is so yum!very easy too. I think the hazelnuts are perfect for this recipe, crunchy and tasty.
Its very morish .

desprtehouswife, Dec 5, 7:33pm
Needing some ideas!

desprtehouswife, Dec 6, 8:42am
Thanks! Looks great!

gardie, Dec 6, 4:28pm
Awesome pamellie - you have inspired me!

nzl99, Dec 6, 5:35pm
OHhhhhh the owls are gorgeous!

carchic, Dec 6, 10:36pm
chicco where did you get the owl cutters very cute! =o) Great work

elliehen, Dec 6, 10:42pm

holly-rocks, Dec 6, 10:52pm
oooh those owls are so cute!

chicco2, Dec 7, 12:14am
The owls are cute aren't they! I got the cutters from cakestuff .co.nz
They are about $5.00. Thanks ellehen for answering the question, I hadnt been back to check the thread.

desprtehouswife, Dec 7, 4:09am
they are! So unusual!

elliehen, Dec 7, 5:38am
I wish I was on your Christmas list ;)

bedazzledjewels, Dec 7, 5:57am
Wow Chicco - just wow!

chicco2, Dec 7, 7:27am
That is awesome jonoandstacey.

elliehen, Dec 9, 7:43am
Very festive.pretty gifts :)

seniorbones, Dec 9, 8:10am
these look great too, where do you get the boxes from!

chooky, Dec 9, 9:52am
Hi Pamellie, any chance I could have your coffee & white choc fudge balls recipe please. Thanks.

pamellie, Dec 9, 11:15pm
Here you go, it's another Sophie Gray one. I didn't have any coffee liqueur so I just used instant coffee instead. I shaped it into balls about the size of a marble, rather than doing squares and when I dipped in white chocolate I had to do them twice to give good coverage. The were yummy.

Chocolate Coffee Fudge
125g butter
2 tbsp golden syrup
1 can condensed milk (around 390g in an average can)
1 cup brown sugar
75g dark chocolate
2 tbsp coffee liqueur (we used Cafe Java)
¼ cup kremelta or solid vegetable fat
375g chocolate melts
Grease a smallish shallow dish or tin, I use a square cake tin.
In a medium saucepan melt the butter over a low heat, add the syrup, condensed milk, brown sugar and liqueur. Stir continuously until sugar is dissolved. Bring the mixture up to the boil then reduce the heat boil gently until the mixture reaches soft ball stage, or 114°C on a sugar thermometer. The mixture will have turned a caramel colour by this stage.

Remove from the heat and stir in the chocolate, beating till smooth. Pour into the tin and leave to set. Once fudge has set, melt the chocolate melts and kremelta together.

Slice fudge into squares and dip into melted chocolate. Place onto baking paper to set.

Package in to gift size quantities and store in a cool place

pamellie, Dec 9, 11:16pm
I got them from The Warehouse, they were on special 3 for the price of 2, so they cost me $4 for 3 boxes.

elliehen, Dec 9, 11:17pm
How much instant coffee, please Pam!

pamellie, Dec 10, 1:26am
I just useda small teaspoon of coffee powder and put it straight into the butter etc. It was quite a subtle flavour which suits me as I'm not a coffee fan (even though I did make them to give away). I tasted as I was making it but I found the flavour intensifes on cooling.

gardie, Dec 10, 6:50pm
Made this last night but replaced hazelnuts with chopped almonds (untoasted) and cranberries.Couldn't believe how easy it was to make.I cut it this morning - some into bars and some into squares and have it packaged for giftgiving.Thanks for sharing the recipe pamellie - I'm sure it'll be in one of the books I have - will be a Christmas favourite from now on.

pamellie, Dec 10, 9:39pm
I know what you mean, it was really easy and looks and tastes great. Am glad you enjoyed it.

elliehen, Dec 11, 9:36am

echo275, Dec 11, 10:06am
Hi there, what do you think holds the chocolates into the box.wooden bamboo skewers!

elliehen, Dec 11, 10:24am
Still trying to figure it out.I'm visiting someone who's been given one next week, so will investigate and report back :)