Pavlova recipe or tips please

Page 2 / 2
skippie1, Dec 3, 4:37am
Looking at pickles recipe and will give that a try, I have never baked a Pav so this will be the first time. Do you use a fan bake or a normal bake. Thanks

a.woodrow, Dec 3, 6:15am
Two tips passed down from my granny:
1. don't use fresh eggs
2. don't use cold eggs - make sure they are room temp

sarahb5, Dec 3, 7:52am
I noticed when they were making pav on MasterChef or some such show that they piled the raw meringue onto wet paper to bake it - why do they do that!I love pav and mine is always lovely and fluffy on the inside but quite chewy on the bottom - it's OK but could be better- perhaps I should make it more often to perfect the art!

deus701, Dec 3, 7:57am
x2 in a 5L mixer bowl I let the eggwhites beat with a pinch of salt until it reaches nearly 1/4 of the bowl and drizzle in the sugar.

skippie1, Dec 3, 11:47am
Please, do you use fan bake, or normal bake in the oven. Thanks

eastie3, Dec 3, 10:47pm
I use normal bake,my big oven doesn't have fan bake.

wildflower, Dec 4, 2:35am
Wow that looks fantastic pickles, I haven't had pav in a couple of years so I KNOW I'm going to enjoy:)Thanks!

skippie1, Dec 4, 5:02am
Thank you eastie, I will give that a try.

monkey_room, Dec 4, 5:14am
Most recipes are fairly bomb proof. the biggest trick I learned was to cook it at about 130-150degrees Celsius. and when arranging on the baking sheet make a hollow in the middle so it has a nice curve and this keeps it from dropping and makes a good nest for all the yummy cream etc. I also make my pav about 6 inches high or more around the edges. I add the sugar slowly to mine and leave out the water because we like a crunchy melt in your mouth crust.

monkey_room, Dec 5, 5:14am
Most recipes are fairly bomb proof. the biggest trick I learned was to cook it at about 130-150degrees Celsius. and when arranging on the baking sheet make a hollow in the middle so it has a nice curve and this keeps it from dropping and makes a good nest for all the yummy cream etc. I also make my pav about 6 inches high or more around the edges. I add the sugar slowly to mine and leave out the water because we like a crunchy melt in your mouth crust. My 6 egg pav is about 20 cm across when cooked and stands at least 5 inches high. I cook it for 2 and a half hours for that size. I do not worry too much about cooling it in the oven.

bev00, Dec 21, 11:00am
Easy pav recipe
3 or 4 egg whites
1 and half cups castor sugar
1 teaspoon vinegar
1 '' '' cornflour
1/4 '' ' ''' vanilla
4 tablespoons boiling water

Put all in electric mixer and beat continually for between 10 and 15 minutes until white shiney peaks form. Do not turn beater off. Set timer.

Place on baking paper and into oven at approx 140 for 10 minutes then turn down to 110 and cook for approx 1 and half hours. Leave to cool.

Never fails.lowest rack of oven.