Christmas breakfast!

Page 2 / 3
jasmine77, Nov 21, 8:38am
We have a gravlax, rye bread, carelian pasties with egg butter, nice ham and cheese. Coffee, champagne and sparkling juice for the kids.

coreblimey, Nov 21, 9:04am
Gingerbread waffles with strawberries and marscapone cheese whipped.YUM!

kallista, Nov 21, 10:35am
Whitebait!

rarogal, Nov 22, 3:37am
This year Im making a breakfast stack for everyone, Lettuce, tomato slices, hashbrown, bacon, avacado slices, all stacked, a skewer through the middle and a dollop of sour cream or hollandaise sauce or aoli, drizzled over.

rowlf, Nov 22, 4:04am
Wow that sounds amazing! Would you share your recipe for the waffles!

leebee35, Nov 22, 10:28am
While mum is cooking the Lunchtime roast -Dad and I have a quick feed of Whitebait. he saves me some every year for my Xmas morning treat!Yum Yum

elliehen, Nov 22, 10:58am
'Mancakes', cooked by the man, with fresh boysenberries picked just down the road, real maple syrup and whipped cream.

gingercrush, Nov 22, 11:02am
I can't think of anything worse than breakfast on Christmas.

davidt4, Nov 22, 8:27pm
You must have led a sheltered life.

kay141, Nov 22, 8:46pm
I wouldn't go that far but some of those meals listed are just too much. I don't do gluttony at any time.

pickles7, Nov 22, 9:02pm
I would be happy with "MARMITE" on toast.

bedazzledjewels, Nov 22, 9:13pm
It's not gluttony if that's all you eat for the day.

uli, Nov 23, 1:04am
Or had a terrible childhood with lots of restrictions . who knows!

shazbutt1, Nov 23, 1:04am
Yum that does sound really nice!

lucky1989, Nov 23, 5:29am
croisants

lodgelocum, Nov 23, 6:29am
There will be 11 of us for breakfast this year and we are going to have bacon and eggs, hashbrowns, toast, pancakes, maple syrup, fresh fruit.There are several kiddies so will be up early and having a late lunch then leftovers for dinner.And of course bubbles and strawberries.

holly-rocks, Nov 23, 7:06am
Dont think I've ever had a xmas breakfast,just the normal nothing spesh.

tjman, Nov 23, 7:09am
We have scrambled egg with smoked salmon, on a toasted muffin.Fresh Fruit and a glass of bucks fizz.

gingercrush, Nov 23, 8:23am
No not sheltered at all thank you. I just don't see breakfast food as appetising when one is bound to have a sizable lunch or dinner but each to their own. How that actually means I have a sheltered life is beyond me.

gingercrush, Nov 23, 8:25am
Terrible childhood with lots of restriction because i think the idea of Christmas breakfast is yuck! Are you bloody serious!

Your lack of wheat has obviously made you and David two old miserable cows. Two pathetic creatures that actually think they're better than cooks than actual chefs! The idea is laughable.

wendalls, Nov 23, 9:51am
Well they are very knowedgeable . and entertaining. It is funny to read some of the arguments. Gingercrush, you are the one that sounded miserable and now mean in this thread.

usualsuspect, Nov 23, 11:17am
we used to do the full english breakfast thing on christmas morning too but had the same problem of being too full for christmas dinner.now we have pancakes with fresh berries ie raspberries strawberries boysenberries blueberries etc and we have maple syrup and cream and we make fresh fruit smoothies with berries or bananas and yogurt and milk and whatever else we want in them. we have good espresso coffee and fresh juice .not drinkers here so wedont do the bubbly.we might have some bacon with the pancakes too

holly-rocks, Nov 23, 8:59pm
Judging someone's life and childhood by what they eat or don't eat for xmas breakfast is laughable. Seriously guys! Everyones different.its what makes the would go round :p

elliehen, Nov 23, 9:36pm
Rock on, holly-rocks!

tjman, Nov 23, 10:05pm
Gingercrush,I think they are just having a laugh.Dont take them seriously.just tongue in cheek stuff.