Oven chips - what's the secret!

jessie981, Oct 28, 7:11pm
I have no luck with cooking these. Always end up having to pan fry with a little oil.

rainrain1, Oct 28, 8:02pm
not sure if you mean frozen ready ones, or if you make your own.Here's a make your own recipe.they are dam good

Crunchy Homemade Fries .from Annabel Langbein

8 medium-large potatoes
1/4 cup flour
3 Tblsp extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp flakey salt
ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 200oC.Line a large shallow roast dish with baking paper to allow for easy cleanup.
Peel spuds and cut into chips or wedges.Transfer to the prepared dish, sprinkle with the flour and toss evenly to combine.
Drizzle the floured potatoes with oil and toss to coat.Spread out into a single layer in the dish and season with salt and pepper.Roast for about 1 hour until crisp and golden

crails, Oct 28, 8:06pm
The nicest oven chips you can get are the McCain Beer Batter Fries they're twice the price of regluar oven fries but worth it I think

suzanna, Oct 28, 8:26pm
Does anyone have the gadget that makes 'curley fries'! Does it work well and if so where did you purchase it! Cheers.

shop-a-holic, Oct 28, 8:39pm
Love Curly Fries. Bit of an addict really.
McCains ones are a product of the USA and the seasoning is shyite.
Birds Eyes ones are a product of Germany and are scrummy, also cut with precision engineering. No surprises there.

prawn_whiskas, Oct 28, 8:50pm
Add some beef fat to the tray and roll them around once its melted, half way through cooking give them a shift around on the tray then finish them off.

ferita, Oct 28, 8:55pm
If you grill them rather then bake them they come up a lot crispier as it lets the steam out

mums.toys, Oct 29, 1:54am
well i think my way is theeeeeee best.

bake some potatoes in the oven till just about done then leave to cool, slice into wedges drizzle with oil and roast! yuuummo discovered this when had left over baked potatoes and its the best

splitty, Oct 29, 2:26am
My mum does, it makes great curly fries and she has done other veges too. I can't remember where she bought it, I will ask next time I see her.

karlandkellarni, Oct 29, 3:26am
Parboiling them first makes them crispy

lythande1, Oct 29, 3:37am
Cooking them long enough makes them crispy. Ignore what time it says on the packet.

korbo, Oct 29, 4:24am
my brother in the states is supposed to be sending me over a gadget to make them.
Saw at a fair today, a gadget, where you put a skewer thru the spud, it seemed somehoe to slice it into rounds, then it was deepfried, and the rings all seperated. not sure what it is called tho.