Luscious lemon recipes please

Page 1 / 2
kellrae, Aug 23, 9:58pm
Thank you so much for sharing this recipe.Made it at the weekend and it disappeared like grease lightening. DH only got 2 slices and really moaned that us girls devoured it!So guess what I am making again this weekend!

purplegoanna, Aug 23, 10:57pm
Luscious Lemon Slice gets my vote every time.i cant stop eating it! http://www.insanitytheory.net/kitchenwench/luscious-lemon-slices/

bev00, Sep 2, 10:36am
Lemon Cake, adapted from Ina Garten
Cake:
½ pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
2 cups sugar
4 extra-large eggs, at room temperature
1/3 cup grated lemon zest (6 to 8 large lemons)
3 cups flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon kosher salt
¼ cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
¾ cup buttermilk, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Syrup:
½ cup sugar
½ cup lemon juice

Glaze:
2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
3 ½ tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease and flour 2 loaf pans. (I sometimes use smaller loaf pans for cute little lemon cakes loaves. Make sure to shorten the baking time if you use the baby loaf pans.)
Cream the butter and 2 cups granulated sugar in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. With the mixer on medium speed, add the eggs, 1 at a time, and then the lemon zest.

Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl. In another bowl, combine 1/4 cup lemon juice, the buttermilk, and vanilla. Add the flour and buttermilk mixtures alternately to the batter, beginning and ending with the flour. Divide the batter evenly between the pans, smooth the tops, and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour, until a cake tester comes out clean.

Combine 1/2 cup granulated sugar with 1/2 cup lemon juice in a small bowl. Microwave for one minute and stire until the sugar dissolves. When the cakes are done, allow them to cool for 10 minutes. Remove the cakes from the pans and set them down UPSIDE-DOWN on a rack set over a tray or sheet pan; spoon the lemon syrup over them. Allow the cakes to cool completely. Make sure when you turn them right-side up that you don’t let the top of the cake stick to the rack, or the tops of your cakes will not be as pretty as you want them to be.

Quotelythande1 (513 )7:55 am, Fri 2 Sep #12
Don't forget Lemon honey, aka lemon curd. Juice and freeze in ice cube trays, then put in plastic bags or containers. Do the same with the zest, freeze for future use.

Quotevoyager4 (921 )1:12 pm,

bev00, Sep 13, 10:34am
Citrus Tart
Base:
125g Butter
1 C Flour
1/2 C Icing Sugar
Place it all in Food Processor and run till it clumps together. Use floured hands, press mix into base of loose bottomed flan tin. Refrigerate for at least 30 mins.
1 Cup Caster Sugar
1/2 C Lemon Juice
Grated rind of 2 Lemons
2 Tablespoons of Custard Powder, but I used cornflour as I was out. (I liked in better than when I used custard powder personally).
1/2 tsp Baking Powder
3 Eggs
Icing Sugar to dust.
Place all the filling into the food processor and run till combined. Pour into chilled base. Bake for 25 mins until pastry crisp and golden and filling set. Dust with icing sugar.
Its Easy Peasy.!
Molly37 posted this recipe which is in another thread and it is a really nice recipe and the base is really easy and nice and has good flavour

ams7, Sep 16, 6:52pm
Thanks for the recipes, I'm off to make Cook Essentials Lemon & Yoghurt cake now.Have a look at www.taste.com.au and you can put lemon in to find loads of recipes.

bev00, Oct 14, 9:55am
Preserved Lemons
I have only used real lemons, not Meyers - they are not true lemons and have the wrong flavour for this. All I do is wash whole lemons, cut into quarters and pack tightly into 1 litre screw top (plastic lids are best) jars with thick layers of plain sea salt in between. Squash them down to pack in as many pieces as possible. Then squeeze some more lemons and strain the juice into the jar to come up to the top. Screw on the lids and store in a cool dark place until the salt is dissolved and the lemons have softened and changed colour slightly - a couple of months. Every week or so turn the jars upside down to distribute the salt and juice. These lemons will keep for years if necessary.

Quotedavidt4 (197 )11:58 am,

figjamto, Oct 14, 10:49pm
Lemon Yoghurt Cake - Donna Hay
This is lovely, it has a lemon and sugar topping, have made it a few times and everybody raves about it.and so easy.

nadineb, Oct 14, 11:43pm
My favourite receipe is the Annabelle White Lemon Sour Cake is you go to the choice tv web site there should be a recipe just click on Annabelle White its easy to make and yummy

janetta, Oct 15, 4:56am
lemons freeze well if you are just wanting the juice for baking or fish etc, take out of freezer and thaw (I put mine in the microwave for about 1 minute) then pierce with a fork a few times to extract the juice.

lyingnun, Oct 15, 5:18am
I heard on one of the cooking shows that you can throw whole lemons into the freezer and you can grate them frozen into all sorts of recipes. Including the skin (grated) makes the flavour so much better of whatever you are making.

dabo, Oct 24, 2:54am
We have so many lemons on our tree they are touching the ground!

Can you please post your favourite recipes using lemons.I'd particularly like a nice lemon cake and maybe some ideas for slices etc.
Also some main course suggestions.
I know that Google has lots but I have never yet had a trade me member tried and tested recipe fail yet so love the ideas I get from here best!

shellz213, Oct 24, 3:42am
CITRUS SLICE
100 grams butter
1 cup coconut
1/2 can condensed milk
1 pkt round wine biscuits
Grated rind of 1 - 2 citrus fruit
Melt butter.Add condensed milk, coconut, finely grated rind and biscuit crumbs.Press into lightly buttered or sprayed dish.
Icing
1 cup icing sugar
2 tbsp soft butter
citrus fruit juice
Mix icing sugar with butter, then add juice a few drops at a time to icing consistency.Spread on base and refrigerate.

shellz213, Oct 24, 3:45am
LAZY LEMON PIE
1 cup sugar
4 eggs
100 grams melted butter
1/2 cup plain flour
3/4 cup coconut
zest of 2 lemons
1/3 cup lemon juice
1 cup milk
Place all ingredients in a processor or bowl and blend together.
Pour the batter into a 23 cm pie dish.
Bake at 170C for 45 minutes or until pie is turning dark golden on top and the filling is set.

elliehen, Oct 24, 4:11am
A quick and easy version of a syrupy, lemony cake.

LEMON MADEIRA CAKE
Cream 225g butter (yes, a lot!) with 3/4 cup sugar
Add 3 eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition
Add grated rind of one lemon & 1 Tblsp lemon juice
Add 1 heaped cup self-raising flour
Bake in medium-sized ring tin at 180* for 35 minutes
Remove from oven. While cake is still hot, pour over the juice of one lemon combined with 1/4 cup sugar.

Could be baked in a 20cm square tin.

davidt4, Oct 24, 5:24am
Lemon-Ricotta Dressing

Serves 8.
• 2 Tbsp. ricotta cheese
• 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
• 2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
• 1 tsp. grated lemon zest
• 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
• 1 tsp. chopped fresh parsley
• 1 clove garlic, minced
• salt, if desired and freshly ground black pepper to taste

In a small bowl, whisk together ricotta, olive oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, mustard parsley and garlic. Season with salt, if desired, and pepper.
Pour over baby cos leaves, or a mixed green salad with watercress, rocket, lettuce and fresh herbs such as mint, basil, parsley.
Also very good with a salad of oranges, red onion and olives.

davidt4, Oct 24, 5:25am
Lemon Curd

60g unsalted butter
130g caster sugar
finely grated zest of two lemons (or one lemon and one tangelo)
2 egg yolks
1 whole egg
100 ml lemon juice

In a small heavy bottomed saucepan melt the butter over very low heat.Meanwhile beat the eggs and sugar together until well combined but not foamy, add lemon juice and mix.Pour into pan and stir well, raise heat to medium and stir constantly until the foam dissipates and it thickens. This will take about 5 minutes.Remove from heat and continue to stir for a minute, pour into containers.Cover when cold and keep in the fridge.

davidt4, Oct 24, 5:26am
Lemon Semi-Freddo (Ice Cream)

1/2c caster sugar,
1/2c lemon juice,
2 tsp lemon rind
1/2c caster sugar extra,
3 eggs,
3 egg yolks extra,
1 & 3/4c cream.

Put first lot of sugar, lemon juice & rind in small saucepan and simmer until it thickens to a syrup, set aside when thick and cool.

Over a pot of simmering water put a heatproof bowl with the second lot of sugar, eggs and egg yolks. Whisk this mix for about 4-5 mins until heated through and frothy. Take off the heat and whisk until pale and thick (either by hand or machine).

When syrup is cool gently fold through the egg mixture.

Beat cream in a separate bowl until soft peaks form. Gently combine cream and egg-syrup mix, make sure no lumps of cream left. Pour into a metal bowl/cake tin (or individual glasses) and freeze.

Note:this does not need to be churned.

davidt4, Oct 24, 5:27am
Lemon Soufflé (Cold)

14cm soufflé dish, collared

15g gelatine (4 level tsp)
3 tab water
50ml + 20ml lemon juice
3 eggs
200g sugar
zest of 3 lemons
300ml cream

Soak gelatine in water 5 min, heat until dissolved.Heat 50ml lemon juice.

Whisk yolks, sugar & zest and whisk in hot lemon juice.Whisk to ribbon stage and whisk in 20 ml lemon juice and gelatine.

Whisk whites to soft peaks.Whisk cream to very soft peaks.Fold all together and pour into soufflé dish.Chill 4 – 24 hours.Remove collar before serving.

davidt4, Oct 24, 5:29am
Lemon Risotto

1 tab olive oil,
1 small onion or shallot finely chopped,
2 cloves garlic finely chopped,
1 c Arborio or Carnaroli rice,
1/4 dry white wine,
3 c homemade chicken stock,
1/2 tsp salt,
zest and juice 1 large lemon,
1/2 c freshly grated parmesan,
30 g butter.

Heat stock to a simmer, meanwhile in a large pan over medium heat cook the oil, onion and garlic 5 min until softened but not brown. Add rice and stir 5 minutes. Add wine and stir until all liquid evaporated.

Add salt and start adding stock 1/2 c at a time, stirring constantly until each addition is almost absorbed. This should take about 20 minutes and at the end the rice should be just tender and most liquid gone. Take off heat and stir in zest, juice, parmesan and butter, leave to settle 5 minutes, stir again and serve hot.

If you need more liquid add a little hot water. The end result should be creamy and loose, not stodgy and not runny.

davidt4, Oct 24, 5:30am
Lemon Coriander Chicken (or Fish)

Serves 4

4 chicken breasts, boned, skin on OR equivalent white fish fillets
2 lemons
½ c coriander roughly chopped
2 cloves garlic
2 tab white wine
2 tab olive oil
salt & pepper
5 spring onions thinly sliced

Grate zest and mix with juice, coriander, garlic, wine, oil,s & p. Coat chicken/fish.

Grill (over foil line tray), basting often.

Serve with spring onions on top, lemon cous cous on side.

Quick Lemon Couscous

3 lemons, zest & juice
2 tab olive oil
1c couscous
1c chicken stock
3 tab parsley or coriander
salt & pepper

Heat liquids, add couscous & stand 4 min.Add zest, s & p & herbs.

aof, Oct 24, 5:31am
Chilled Lemon Cream (Annabel Langbein's)- quick, easy and delicious.
600ml cream, 2/3 cup sugar, 100ml strained lemon juice
Bring cream and sugar to boil in a saucepan, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Reduce to a simmer and cook 3 mins. Take off heat and add lemon juice. Pour into 6-8 ramekins ( or pretty cups) and chill until set. Nice served with raspberries or other fresh berries decorating the top.

lost-in-oz, Oct 24, 8:23am
cooksessential lemon yoghurt cake.

I just made this last night and had the first piece today.very nice.

dabo, Oct 24, 8:59am
Oh thankyou keep them coming! Lots here I am planning to try

kiwinoz5, Oct 25, 6:15pm
Yum thanks for posting all the recipes ive saved them as well lol

chatsmom, Oct 25, 8:02pm
You could also make Limoncello or lemon barley syrup. Both recipes can be found via the search function.