Lemon Sago Pudding

toby47, Jun 14, 5:57am
Would anyone have a very old fashioned receipe for Lemon Sago Pudding

245sam, Jun 14, 6:43am
toby47, here's the recipe that we have enjoyed for at least the last 25 years so it's an oldie.....

LEMON SAGO
½ cup sago
3 cups water
½ cup sugar
3 tbsp golden syrup
½ tsp grated lemon rind
¼ cup lemon juice

Put the sago and water in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Boil gently with frequent stirrings until the sago is clear. Stir in the sugar. Add the golden syrup, lemon rind and juice, blending well, then pour into a serving dish or individual dishes.
We enjoy this lemon sago chilled, usually with icecream, but it can also beserved with custard or cream or yoghurt.
Serves 6.:-))

lindylambchops1, Jun 14, 7:36am
Oh yummmy thanks for that recipe I love lemons & also Sago.What a great combination.

pickles7, Jun 14, 7:40am
frogs eggs. lol. May have to make it for my grand kidz

auburn4, Jun 14, 9:44am
You can omit the golden syrup altogether and use equal quantities of orange and lemon juice and rind for a very refreshing dessert. Alternatively, when sago is cooked and still hot add in 1-2 tsp of gelatin and stir in a small tin of crushed pineapple.

toby47, Jun 14, 9:50am
Thank you so much 245sam I have bought the sago so will cook it tomorrowSounds nice

lindylambchops1, Jun 14, 9:59am
Grrrrrreat!Have sago in the cupboard will make pud tomorrow to serve following the Creamy Swiss Steak, which I will slow cook.Enjoy all!

lindylambchops1, Jun 15, 9:32am
OK I made the Lemon Sago...it went down very well with the family, but I thought 3 Tablespoons of G/syrup was a bit too much.Will omit next time.Love the lemonyness!