Lemon curd brioche

thomson-tes, Jul 4, 7:46pm
I recently had a rustic brioche (like a small pizza/tart) with baked lemon curd and berries - baked 10 - 12 mins in oven.I think the lemon curd mix had a type of cheese - might have been cream cheese.Does anyone have this recipe?You make the brioche overnight and then assemble prior to baking. Thanks

wildflower, Jul 5, 4:18am
Sounds divine, l Iove anything with lemon curd, hope someone can help.

pam.delilah, Jul 5, 4:54am
don't have one with lemon curd but have thisvery nice oneone that sounds similar
Sour Cream Custard Brioche
For brioche dough
• 250g. strong white flour
• 3 pinches of salt
• 30g/1 oz caster sugar
• 12g fresh yeast
• 4 free medium eggs
• 150g. unsalted butter, at room temperature cut into small cubes
For the creme fraiche filling
• 4medium egg yolks
• 45g caster or superfine sugar
• finely grated zest of 1/2 a lemon
• juice of 1/4 lemon
• 150g/ creme fraiche or sour cream
To finish
• 1 egg yolk, lightly beaten for egg wash
• casteror superfine sugar for sprinkling
To make the brioche dough: Place the flour, salt, sugar 2 and yeast in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a dough hook, keeping the salt and yeast apart. Add the eggs and mix on the lowest speed until completely absorbed 3.Increase to the next speed setting and mix for another 5 minutes until the dough comes away from the side of the bowl. Now add the cubes of butter 4 and continue to mix for 2-3 minutes until fully incorporated.

For the first proving: Remove the bowl from the machine and cover with brioche dough loosely with a tea towel to prevent the surface from drying and to stop a crust from forming. Leave to rise at room temperature 5 for 1 hour. Then refrigerate the dough for 1 hour 6.
To make the creme fraiche filling: In a large bowl (I did it in a jug), mix all the ingredients together until evenly combined, then cover and reserve in the fridge.

To shape and prove the dough: Lay a 35 cms piece of greaseproof paper on your tray and sit a tart ring on top (you don’t need to grease the ring) 7. Place the dough in the middle. With lightly floured hands flatten the brioche dough, pushing it from the middle to the outside until you have an even thickness of 3-4mm and a raised rim of about 1 cm. Leave to prove at room temperature for 25 minutes 8; Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/Gas 6 and place a baking stone or tray on the middle shelf.
To prepare for baking: Knock back the dough base with your fingertips, to the edge of the raised rim 9. Brush the rim with egg wash. Pour three quarters of the creme filling into the brioche case. Carefully slide the gateau onto the baking stone or hot baking tray and pour in the rest of the filling.
To bake the gateau: Bake for 10 minutes, then sprinkle caster sugar over the surface and bake for a further 15 minutes until golden brown and cooked 10. Remove the ring and transfer to a wire rack to cool slightly. Serve warm

thomson-tes, Jul 7, 5:24pm
Pam.delilahThanks for that - I will give it a go.Still keen to find the other recepe as well if anyone has it.