Lemon Curd.Lemon Honey.

jag5, May 18, 12:15am
what is the difference please? Looking at recipes. the ingredients are the same. are they the same?

winnie231, May 18, 12:58am
Same thing just different name.

harrislucinda, May 18, 1:05am
yes as above

jag5, May 18, 1:10am
That's what I figured after looking at the recipes lol. batch done and sooooo good lol

harrislucinda, May 18, 2:37am
did you do in the microwave so easy

motorbo, May 18, 3:34am
I recently tried one for sale. was like eating grainy flour. I couldn't believe they were selling it

kaddiew, May 18, 3:52am
Microwave/no butter recipe is brilliant.

jag5, May 18, 3:56am
No. did mine in the bowl over boiling water. didn't take long and is so yummy

kaddiew. what is the recipe for the no butter one please?

kaddiew, May 18, 6:04am
It only makes a small amount, but it's so quick, and you could double it. Rich and creamy; you don't miss the butter.Keeps for a couple of weeks in the fridge, and freezes well - scoop straight from the freezer.

2 eggs + 1 yolk, 1/2 cup sugar, juice & zest of 2 lemons (I use more for tangier taste).
Lightly whisk eggs, add the rest. Microwave on High in 30 second bursts for 2-3 mins, stirring in between. Store in fridge.

juliewn, May 18, 8:17am
Hi. I make it in my microwave, and make it without butter too. leave it out of your favourite recipe and make as usual. I use a hand-held zester to add the zest in long strips. so delicious!

kaddiew, May 18, 11:01am
I use the hand held zester too. I love the long thin strips in anything using lemon. : )

sarahb5, Aug 8, 9:18am
Bumping kaddiew's recipe .

bev00, Jan 15, 7:51am
Here you are mydebe.

Glennys Raffill’s LEMON HONEY
(1)
75g butter
¾ cup sugar
2 tsp finely grated lemon rind
⅓ cup lemon juice
2 large eggs, beaten

Put the butter, sugar, lemon rind and juice into a little jug and cook on HIGH (100%) for 1-2 minutes (until the sugar has dissolved). Mix and gradually add to the egg mixture, stirring well. Return the mixture to the jug and cook on MEDIUM (50%), stirring every minute until the mixture thickens (3-5 minutes). Mixture will thicken more as it cools.

(2) Lemon Honey using left-over egg yolks
1 cup sugar
100g butter
grated rind of 1 lemon
juice of 3 lemons
1 egg
3 egg yolks

Same method as above.

Recipes tested in a 650W microwave oven. :-))

245sam (49 49 positive feedback) 6:45 pm, Thu 7 Aug #4
I have one somewhere that doesn't use butter either - got it off here - will see if I can find it

sarahb5 (1570 1570 positive feedback) 9:13 pm, Thu 7 Aug #5