CHICKEN LIVERS - Any suggestions!

antha, Oct 22, 9:19am
I bought chickens livers, tossed in flour/seasonings, & fried, - yummy! Am now looking for recipe with sauce or any other ideas. Delicious, delicate, cheap meal.

rainrain1, Oct 22, 6:19pm
I love them too. I don't have a recipe but they could go well with a creamy mushroom sauce,You don't want anything that takes over their delicate flavour though

rasin11, Oct 22, 7:43pm
Look on google for pate recipes YUM You'l never buy pate again

lythande1, Oct 22, 7:55pm
Proper pate. Cream, brandy, thyme, bay, pepper, bacon, onion, livers.
Or italian - basil, tomato, bit of bacon, serve with a green salad.

dreamers, Oct 22, 8:23pm
Try chicken liver parfait recipes.You can thenreplicate what they charge $70 a Kilo at Nosh for ,it is divine.

samboy, Oct 23, 1:41am
we have them lightly fried in butter with a few shallots and mushrooms, add about half a cup ofwhite wine and thicken with cornflour and a pinch of salt.Its nice on top of a rosti with a salad or cooked vege.We've done this as a main for a dinner party as well.

karenz, Oct 23, 2:40am
Cooked in butter with halved small button mushrooms, add a dash of brandy and a slosh of cream and reduce, season with salt and ground black pepper. Nice served over a toasted round of French stick.

karenz, Oct 23, 2:42am
Also really good chopped up, cooked in butter or olive oil and mixed into a bolognaise made with half pork mince and half beef mince. Can also add to meatballs, think these are called faggots, used to get them in a Welsh restaurant here in Wellington.

antha, Oct 23, 7:55am
Tks everyone - I'm even going to try them on a kebab, maybe with mushrooms and sauce.Serving at a dinner party is a good idea too.I used to cook duck as a treat for my friends, but it's too dear now.

kate113, Oct 23, 9:32am
I've been trying to buy some to make pate, but havn't been able to find any locally! where did you buy them!

lythande1, Oct 23, 6:18pm
Aussie butcher, Chicken shops, Pak N Save

kate113, Oct 23, 6:49pm
Thanks, none of those close to us but will have a look in Pak n save next time I go to town.

xpressoholic, Oct 23, 9:18pm
this is my current favourite with chicken livers http://www.roshani.co.uk/livingtoeat/!page_id=314- i don't eat bacon so do it with chicken bacon & its yum - chicken livers are also delish done on the bbq

buzzy110, Oct 23, 10:30pm
What a wonderful recipe. Definitely one to be saved.

karenz, Oct 23, 11:57pm
They are usualliy in plastic pottles in the meat section at Pak n Save thoughthey are not always near the chicken they are sometimes near the offal depending on the store.