Lunch in Blenheim...suggestions please?

gardie, Jan 10, 6:54am
Don't want to spend a fortune mind and we have 10 year old.Not really into wineries - unless they are not too yuppyish.Our last day here tomorrow and thought we'd like to have something nice.

olwen, Jan 10, 7:09am
St Clair.It's a vineyard, but fits the bill of not being too yuppyish, or expensive.Wine at cellar door prices if you want some.You can eat outside.Sometimes the chooks are inthe vineyard, just over the fence.

While you're there go over the other side of the carpark and sample the wares at Country Preserves.

winnie231, Jan 10, 7:13am
I really enjoy going to Shelly's Cafe in The Vines Village complex out in Rapaura. Mum is as avid quilter so the village is always a must see any time we are up visiting family in Marlborough because of the Builters barn there. I just enjoy the wine tasting - lol ... but always enjoy lunch at the cafe too.

gardie, Jan 10, 7:39am
Thanks Olwen - been to St Clair a few years ago and did find it yuppyish (we are country bumpkins).Like the sound of Country Preserves though.We are out in the sounds presently and I did consider doing the Rapaura Rd run - so perhaps winnie, we shall call into Shellys - I too love the quilters barn but haven't been then for a few years.I like Prenzels which I think is quite close by (next door maybe) so I think Shellys it is.Thankyou to you both.

olwen, Jan 10, 7:46am
There is a Prenzel Tasting room at the vines.Country Preserves do a devonshire tea for $7 so you might like to save room for that.

motorbo, Jan 10, 8:45am
gosh now thats one town i would like to visit!!

robsprint, Jan 10, 8:46am
The Grenn Frog cafe, ox heart stew

gardie, Jan 10, 5:37pm
Yep - great place to visit and you can look around the Sounds (Marlborough and Pelorus).At this time of years there's cherries (just finishing) and apricots.I've ordered 10kg to pick up on our way home for bottling.Have thouroughly enjoyed the cherries and fresh blueberries - $13 kg from Nelson markets.Staying with family so a kitchen I can still cook in - they have enjoyed the treats and I've enjoyed the slightly different ingredients.
Definately worth a visit if you've never been here.

korbo, Jan 10, 6:56pm
poppies is my fav. have family in blenheim, and there are so many nice cafes. one by the the little creek, just cant think of the name.

disco_super_fly, Jan 10, 7:13pm
Everytime I pass through Nelson or Motueka, I try time it in with the markets. The organic blueberries are to diiiie for!! SOOO cheap and soo sweet!

vtired, Jan 10, 9:14pm
Slip-inn at Havelock marina is very nice and you can watch all the mistakes people make launching their boats and coming back in, very entertaining some days.

gardie, Jan 14, 3:42am
Really enjoyed Shelly's at "The Vines" and would recommend it.Very reasonably priced too.We enjoyed Blue Cheese and Risone Torte and it was so good, I thought I'd have a go at making it (anyone have a recipe?)

marie196, Jan 14, 4:25am
The secret garden, bamboo gardens, raupo, Argosy, Allan Scott, poppy thai

leebee35, Jan 31, 7:54am
Have to agree with Vtired....it's the funniest thing -people watching.Have to love the dynamics....Though was my Dad one year lol...