MUSHROOMS - Help Please.

countryart, Oct 12, 3:37am
Can anybody tell me please where I can buy, in the Auckland area, any other type of mushrooms than whit/brown button and flat Portabello.
I cannot find Chantrelle ar any other varietys.

davidt4, Oct 12, 4:01am
I've never seen chanterelles or other European varieties in Auckland - I would certainly have noticed them because I'm a great fan of wild mushrooms.There are various fresh Asian varieties (e.g. oyster mushrooms, black fungus, shitaakes, enoki mushrooms) at Chinese food markets and some branches of Fruit World.

cool_sta, Oct 12, 4:28am
NOSH or FARRO if you are near one (constellation, ponsonby ETC) have alot of different mushroom varieties. all fresh.

davidt4, Oct 12, 4:32am
Really!Do they have European mushroom varieties!I would certainly pay a visit to Farro if that was the case.

buzzy110, Oct 12, 4:45am
Now I wonder if I can put this so that I am not confusing. Firstly I've seen different varieties of mushrooms sold at Farrow Fresh, Lunn Ave and Nosh and Vege World in Glen Innes. But they all come in a box as a variety so all the different varieties are mixed together and sold under a "Gourmet Mushrooms" label. I haven't seen them sold separately.

Somewhere in the recesses of my memory I also think I remember seeing separate varieties of mushrooms in the vegetable shop beside Brumby's (opp New World) in Remuera but you'd have to ring them first and I cannot remember the name of the shop.

I wonder if they are sold at the French Market in Parnel on Saturday and Sunday.

countryart, Oct 12, 5:30am
GREAT INFORMATION THANK YOU. ROGER THE CHEF (In our house anyway !).

lilyfield, Oct 12, 6:37am
mmmmm chanterelles!

cookessentials, Oct 12, 7:30am

uli, Oct 12, 7:44am
Wholesale in box lots only.

cookessentials, Oct 12, 7:57am
and they should be able to tell you where you can purchase!
For any additional information or queries please call our friendly customer services team
09 8288348

cookessentials, Oct 12, 8:06am
The Shadow gourmet mushroom company grow a variety and sell throughout NZ from their website.although not in Auckland, I am sure they could help
http://www.finda.co.nz/business/listing/4xgd7k/shadow-gourmet-mushroom-company/

harrislucinda, Oct 12, 9:22am
myfriendin swedentalksabout thesecanyoubuyin nz

ady.and.o, Oct 12, 9:31am
Vege world has a good variety in their fridge, but new Lynn so a bit far perhaps, maybe otara market!

buzzy110, Oct 12, 9:42am
Vege Worlds are all over Auckland. In our area alone there are three but each shop stocks slightly different things. It depends on the market they are serving. I've not seen them in any of those Vege Worlds, only in Glen Innes. The Manukau one is the pits. It has been taken over by new people and their stock always old and dead, nothing like Vege Worlds usually offer their customers.

bedazzledjewels, Oct 13, 5:31am
I've seen them in Fruit World at Greenlane.