Stick Blender use

Page 1 / 2
margyr, Mar 26, 5:50pm
I made really yummy icing yesterday, about 1 cup icing sugar a 250 grm pot of cream cheese, vanilla ess, 1 small bottle of cream, I added the cream slowly and blended till smooth, piped really well.

dreamers, Mar 26, 6:53pm
Use it all the time,I makemy own breadcrumbs if I need them.Makecastor sugar out of sugar .

accroul, Mar 26, 7:13pm
I have 2!
One is dedicated to making soap, the other is soley for kitchen use for pureeing pasta sauce so the kids don't see the bits of onion & making cauli rice (has a bowl attachment).

danjoboys, Mar 26, 7:26pm
To entertain my 7 month old nephew - he goes into hysterics every time it is used! Totally adorable :)

makespacenow, Mar 26, 8:15pm
baby food, soups, smoothies, sauces, making smooth jam, chopping nuts for some cakes,
also good for other things - making soap, as above, but I too have two.one for the soap etc, the other for cooking.

bill241, Mar 27, 5:17am
I use mine to emulsify things eg. mayonnaise, tomatoes and oil in a sauce etc.

olwen, Mar 27, 5:23am
I have a Kenwood triblade with a whisk and chopping bowl among other things.The whis is good for an egg or two, cream and mixtures I don't feel like using the bench mixer for.The chopping bowl does crumbs, herbs, etc.

eclair5, Apr 1, 4:09am
I use mine for mayonnaise (like the recipe above) and its many variations (aioli, citrus wasabi, prawn cocktail sauce etcetera), soups, smoothing lumpy sauces and custard, mashed swede (I like mine creamy smooth), pesto/tapenade and for making super quick butter cake when I can't be bothered getting the Kenwood stand mixer out. I love my whizzy stick!

survivorr, Sep 23, 10:58am
I've never owned one.What do you use yours for!

lx4000, Sep 23, 11:09am
Apple sauce. Milk/thick shakes. Soups to puree.

daisyhill, Sep 23, 11:10am
I use mine for soups and very little else - but we make a lot of soup, especially in winter, so that's okay. I would really miss it if we didn't have one, because pouring things out of a saucepan into a blender and back into the saucepan creates a lot of mess and extra things to wash. I love being able to blend things in the same container I used to cook them.

survivorr, Sep 23, 11:24am
Thx.Am looking for ideas/uses before I buy one.

ingies, Sep 23, 1:16pm
Smoothies, grinding nuts- mine has an attachment for it.

daisygirl, Sep 23, 6:59pm
I use mine everday.Juicies,smoothies, custards, soup,quick whisk of egss etc, always on the bench and so much easier to clean than all those other kitchen gadgets.

bedazzledjewels, Sep 23, 8:14pm
Cauli mash.

lilyfield, Sep 23, 8:30pm
fix lumpy sauces- custards
whip small quantities of cream

would never be without mine

daisygirl, Sep 23, 8:41pm
The best kitchen gadget ever made.

pickles7, Sep 23, 9:02pm
whole egg mayonnaise

1 whole egg
juice of 1 lemon
1 teaspoon whole grain mustard
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
150 mils of sunflower oil
150 mils of canola oil
You will need a stick blender and a tall beaker to make this mayonnaise.
Put the egg into the beaker first
Put the other ingredients carefully on top of the egg, so as not to disturb the egg.
Lower the stick blender in to the bottom without disturbing the ingredients.
Pulse the blender, until the ingredients start to emulsify, tilt the blender to allow the oil to be incorporated.

marywea, Sep 23, 10:00pm
Pickles, quite excited to read your recipe.I do not like vinegar tasting things so avoid mayonaise and dressing (apart from lemon/oil that I have done myself).Does your combination produce a vinegary taste or have you just opened a whole new world for me! It certainly looks like my sort of thing.

pickles7, Sep 23, 10:50pm
The lemon is nice in that recipe. We prefer two different oils, either oil, works just as well.

guinevere2, Sep 24, 3:38am
smoothies and soups mostly.I love it!

margyr, Sep 24, 3:41am
great for whipping cream, really fast. soups. mash vege.

karenz, Sep 24, 3:55am
Soups mainly, best thing is it doesn't take up any bench space.

willow99, Sep 24, 4:02am
I have a Triblade with all the attachments. I use it for everything. Soups, baby food, cream, chopping stuff for baking (dates, chocolate.)

eastie3, Sep 24, 4:04am
I bought one for my Mum years ago - just a cheapie from Mitre 10.It's still going strong and she also uses it constantly.