How do I get the smell out of my blender?

tielfan, Mar 12, 4:37am
I've tried everything and it pongs.Help.It drives me mad as I can't help but stick me nose in it every time I use it in the hope the smell has disapeared.

jessie981, Mar 12, 5:31am
Put it in the freezer over night, lid off.

greerg, Mar 12, 6:05am
Boiling water and lemon juicethen soak overnight.

elliehen, Mar 12, 6:11am
Why not just blend a couple of lemons and let them sit there for a while?

tielfan, Mar 12, 6:23am
Right we'll do the blender in the freezer tonight and a trip to Grandma's next week to raid her lemon trees.Thanks everyone.

greerg, Mar 12, 6:42am
True elliehen - but you have to remember I have earthquake brain - the fruit was right, you method sounds better.

beaker59, Mar 12, 7:04am
make marmalade, mine is always squeaky clean after cutting up grapefruit.

elliehen, Mar 12, 7:09am
A lot of brains could do with a good shake-up ;)

macandrosie, Mar 12, 8:32am
Maybe baking soda & hot water, & also sit in the sun for a few hours?

whitehead., Mar 12, 8:36am
i found that mine smelt when i put it away with out drying it well and a good soak in dish wash and hot water fixed it then let dry on the beach before putting away

tielfan, Mar 12, 8:46am
I let it dry out overnight everytime (basically because it's an odd shape so I dry it up one way and then the other for a few hours).Honestly it completely mings.It's a design fault that there is a little groved that runs round the bottom you can't get your dish brush in, so I always try and get it as clean as possible but I don't want to think what greeblies are lurking.I let it soak in white vinegar to mute it as much as possible.

tielfan, Mar 13, 4:37am
I've tried everything and it pongs.Help.It drives me mad as I can't help but stick me nose in it every time I use it in the hope the smell has disapeared.

elliehen, Mar 13, 6:11am
Why not just blend a couple of lemons and let them sit there for a while!

tielfan, Mar 13, 6:23am
Right we'll do the blender in the freezer tonight and a trip to Grandma's next week to raid her lemon trees.Thanks everyone.

greerg, Mar 13, 6:42am
True elliehen - but you have to remember I have earthquake brain - the fruit was right, your method sounds better.

macandrosie, Mar 13, 8:32am
Maybe baking soda & hot water, & also sit in the sun for a few hours!

tielfan, Mar 13, 8:46am
I let it dry out overnight everytime (basically because it's an odd shape so I dry it up one way and then the other for a few hours).Honestly it completely mings.It's a design fault that there is a little groved that runs round the bottom you can't get your dish brush in, so I always try and get it as clean as possible but I don't want to think what greeblies are lurking.I let it soak in white vinegar to mute it as much as possible.